What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amber with spider and...

• Thread starter JBL
  • Start date
  • Tags
    spider
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBL

I don't have a pic of this, but let me describe it, and post a link of a 'similar' piece.  First, this Dominican piece is 40 X 50mm (2" X 1 1/2") which is big for amber.  It is approximately 1/4" thick.  The inclusions are:

1) a spider approximately 6mm and visible to the naked eye.  Under 40X magnification, you can see bristles on its back!  It is positioned 'sideways', so the view is not as good as the one in the attached link, but the piece is twice as large and very clear, with many more inclusions.

2) a small parasitic wasp (I think) about 3mm

3) Many organic inclusions that I can't identify and bubbles.  This is a real 'treasure hunt' for someone with a microscope.

I will start the bidding at $4!!! What, am I crazy?  I'll even pay shipping with insurance--it needs it.  Take a look at the piece attached (remember, not the actual piece you'll get), and get crazier than me.  I guarantee you'll be happy, and BTW, this specimen comes from the same dealer of the piece that you'll view.  PM me, you lucky winner!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1

I will bid $6! Sounds excellent! Amber is a wonderful "frozen" record of what once lived on earth millions of years ago. BTW...is this Dominican amber?

The piece is Dominican and 100% genuine. The original sellers of this specimen work with American Museum of Natural History in NY. In fact, I have specimens that have been examined by them.

Bidding $7 on behalf of Crunch.

$8

Is this auction open to members from the UK? if it is my bids $15
smile.gif

I don't see why I couldn't ship to the UK (or anywhere else in our big world!). I accept your bid unless someone is aware of a international restriction for shipping amber, but I doubt it. Thank you!

I guess Phil scared you all with his power bid!  Lets pump up the volume!  If bidding hits $80, I'm throwing in another piece.  This is a very pretty, jewlery ready, 1" X 3/4" X 1/2" cab shaped piece.  It is a beautiful, clear cognac color with two flowers and a tiny bryophyte.  You can really see the stamen under a scope!  If bidding does not hit $80, PAK gets this piece (free for hard work serving NASC and overseeing auction). But the winning bidder will still get a nice second piece of my choice if bidding hits $60.  Got that?  Then start bidding again! (please?)
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If bidding hits $80, I'm throwing in another piece.

Come on folks - this has got to worth more than $40. Get your bids in now - scare the snipers away...

Also known as a shameless bump...
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RL7836 @ May 17 2005,10:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If bidding hits $80, I'm throwing in another piece.

Come on folks - this has got to worth more than $40. Get your bids in now - scare the snipers away...

Also known as a shameless bump...
smile_k_ani_32.gif
This piece is worth a whole lot more than $40. If I get a bid of at least $50, I'll throw in a second piece worth at least $20 (probably much more). If you know amber, this is good Dominican quality--not junk. You will NOT be let down when you get them!

Just received today, and thanks for the extra piece JBL.

T.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back