What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. 'Copper Lid' (S. flava var. cuprea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The S. 'Copper Lid' (S. flava var. cuprea)
is being put up on the auction block by me on behalf of an anonymous donor.

Copper Lid
ae346f03.jpg

This is the actual plant the high bidder will receive. It is currently in a 3" square pot. I did remove the dead foliage from around the base so if you would like an updated photo of this plant "all cleaned up", let me know.

I will pay the shipping and handling on behalf of the anonymous donor.

A coppertop
ohyes.gif

There's no opening bid so I'll bid $4

Oh my gosh...

Say tweek... I just caught Joseph's edit. PingMan corrected me and I did screw up.  This plant IS a 'Copper Lid' NOT a 'Copper Top'. If you need to retract your bid because I originally typed Top and not Lid, it's perfectly fine with me. He has now corrected it for me. So sorry.

Even w/o location data - this is a beautiful plant. Sorry Tweek.

$11

This plant reminds me of an ol' galfriend...tall, slender and consumes all that are lured to her beauty.

No worries mate!

$15

Tweek

Well well well!  I don't have any idea who Hortman is but I love her/him already for all the bids she/he is placing which will do nothing but make money for the NASC!  Thank you Hortman!  From the bottom of my heart.

Now to make things a tad bit more interesting as it appears there are more people than what I suspected out there who lust for endangered and threatened species of native plants... the person who wins this lot will also get a Besseya bullii. Quite a beautiful plant in its own right and one of the common names for it is KittenTails.  It's threatened in my state (probably in the process of being upgraded to endangered), extirpated in my county as well as in the state of Ohio, and either threatened or endangered in every other state in which it occurs naturally.

Thank you Laura...I arrived!

Plant received. Thank you Laura and Hortman for your donations. Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back