What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. ascendens (dutch auction- there are 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These two D. ascendens are being offered by me on behalf of Tom Hayes, Li Chen, & Dave Evans. The shipping and handling will also be donated by them and the plants will be shipped directly to each high bidder.

You may view a representative photo of the plant here-
http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Drosera.html
Look under the D. villosa and D. villosa var. ascendens headings

Note, there are two D. ascendens plants that were donated by Tom Hayes, Li Chen, & Dave Evans. The two highest bidders will each get a plant.

Hey Laura...you forgot to mention an opening bid.
smile.gif

But no problem...I'll take care of it. I will open with a bid of $5.

And thanks to all listed there who donated these plants. Much appreciated.
smile.gif

Tom Hayes, Li Chen, & Dave Evans are the people behind DangerousPlants.com
I buy pretty much most of my Sarracenia and Drosera from them and asked if they would donate to our NASC auction. They were glad to help but none of them were registered as users over here. I bought one of the D. ascendens from them and it is a really great plant. I suppose I should go take a photo of it and post it as it is gorgeous. The D. ascendens being offered would be very similar to mine.

I add these comments as any member here at Terra can list lots for others who may be in a position to donate but who are not registered as users.

On a roll. On a roll. Maybe Laura won't outbid me on this one...
smile.gif

$7

No but I will.
smile_n_32.gif
Baby needs new shoes....$8!

Tee he, I already have one Ron. But that's ok.  

Say, you two do realize there are two D. ascendens plants, right?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The two highest bidders will each get a plant.
So I guess inquiring minds need to know if you are placing your bids x 2 or placing your bids x 1.

$9 Come, come now! This is really an awesome plant!
(oh, and this is for just one, of course... And really more of a bump at that, I already have one of these beauties)
smile.gif

I'm tempted but I'm wondering, doesn't this plant need cold temps? I'm not so sure that I would be able to keep it alive here.

Mine gets niiiice and warm, I think you should be fine. It's grown inside but it gets full sun most of the day and it's in an enclosed glass tank- I was doing my watering today and it was pretty dern warm in there and it seems to be as happy as ever. I was afraid of killing this plant too, but it has stoof up to its fair share of abuse and is quite the looker in my opinion.

Hurrah! Now come on people- there's another one still here! Don't let me get it for a mere nine dollars, especially not since I already have one! Do I hear 10 dollars?!
biggrin.gif

Dutch auctions are just sooooo confusing.... Leave it to Laura to try to confound us poor male creatures.....

Just to save Est from having to get another one (when all he really has to do is throw a leaf in water and get a million...
smile_t_32.gif

$10

Awww honey, I regret to inform you that there is no Easter Bunny.  I know this is confusing but hang in there.  Another 20 minutes and it will be all over.

Received the plant in wonderful condition and it has 2 growth points! Great!

Many thanks and appreciation to:
- Laura for listing, getting plant donation and coordinating auction
- Tom Hayes @ Dangerous Plants for donating a great plant and shipping costs as well as doing a fantastic "Forbes-like*" job w/ the packaging of the plant

* - Forbes packaging is the standard by which all others are compared....Try it sometime
smile.gif

I also recieved mine, in excellent condition. Even has a flower scape coming up on it.

That's great! So glad you are both happy with your plants.

Two items received. Thank you lister and bidders for your donations. Greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back