What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A large selection of native grass and forb seed

I will send, to the lucky bidder, a large selection of Native Grass and Forb seed. At least 15 small packets, enough to do a small prairie garden with, say, 5X5 or so. Full Sun/Part Shade, well drained soil. These plants are native to the Midwest, but will grow all over the US.

some of them require cold/moist stratification. Plant 'em outside in the Fall. There ya go!

Bid starts @ $3.

What species are in your mix woman!

Oh, all kinds of stuff. Lobelia Cardinalis(endangered), big bluestem, little bluestem, indian grass, wild quinine(endangered), echinacea purpurea, pale purple coneflower, echinacea paradoxa, Silphiums of various types, and on and on.

$3

Come come now! It says "endanged" two times there! $6.00!
laugh.gif

Just for clarifications sake....when I say endangered, I mean it's endangered in my area...which is NE Illinois. News flash...I will also add some seeds from a plant known on these boards as Pu55y Toes.  Also rare.  My Pu55y Toes are going to seed! We both benefit! The Binomial is: Antennaria neglecta.

Thank you, Est!

The pus*ie toes that you have at home are Antennaria plantaginfolia. Very similar in appearance to A. neglecta. Most notable difference being the height. Plantaginfolia can get as tall as about 18-20".  Neglecta has a more compact growing form and only grows to about 4-6". A. plantaginfolia is the show stopper pus*ie toes while neglecta just sort of hangs out and hugs the ground.

http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin....l=ANTEN
Shows range of all Antennaria known to occur.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just for clarifications sake....when I say endangered, I mean it's endangered in my area...which is NE Illinois.

Of course! I was just trying to capitalize on the fact, bump up the price a bit.
smile_m_32.gif

And I shall not be foiled: $7.00 since no one else will do it.
laugh.gif

14$ and and and... how will they do here (Z4 SD?) Im not worried about water but winter hardiness?) for the charity im gonna take my chances even if some wont survive. Just what i was looking for and some species i never anticipated to ever to be able to obtain lile pale purple coneflower. Cool now all i need to find is stiff sunflower and groundplum milkvetch.

-If i win can i request the echinacea paradoxa seed exchanged with greyheaded coneflower seed if at all possible? Thanks

Finch, these plants will do fine in your zone. The grey-headed coneflower, which I believe is Ratibida Columnifera, will not be ready until fall, however.

Pale purple coneflower I got out the wazoo! DH keeps "accidentally" mowing it down.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Update: Plants not sent yet. Too hot.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Back