User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A large selection of native grass and forb seed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will send, to the lucky bidder, a large selection of Native Grass and Forb seed. At least 15 small packets, enough to do a small prairie garden with, say, 5X5 or so. Full Sun/Part Shade, well drained soil. These plants are native to the Midwest, but will grow all over the US.

some of them require cold/moist stratification. Plant 'em outside in the Fall. There ya go!

Bid starts @ $3.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What species are in your mix woman!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, all kinds of stuff. Lobelia Cardinalis(endangered), big bluestem, little bluestem, indian grass, wild quinine(endangered), echinacea purpurea, pale purple coneflower, echinacea paradoxa, Silphiums of various types, and on and on.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $3
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Come come now! It says "endanged" two times there! $6.00! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for clarifications sake....when I say endangered, I mean it's endangered in my area...which is NE Illinois. News flash...I will also add some seeds from a plant known on these boards as Pu55y Toes. Also rare. My Pu55y Toes are going to seed! We both benefit! The Binomial is: Antennaria neglecta.

Thank you, Est!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pus*ie toes that you have at home are Antennaria plantaginfolia. Very similar in appearance to A. neglecta. Most notable difference being the height. Plantaginfolia can get as tall as about 18-20". Neglecta has a more compact growing form and only grows to about 4-6". A. plantaginfolia is the show stopper pus*ie toes while neglecta just sort of hangs out and hugs the ground.

http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin....l=ANTEN
    Shows range of all Antennaria known to occur.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Just for clarifications sake....when I say endangered, I mean it's endangered in my area...which is NE Illinois.
    Of course! I was just trying to capitalize on the fact, bump up the price a bit. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    And I shall not be foiled: $7.00 since no one else will do it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast