OK...I can't rival JBL's stoopid included amber (just kiddin' [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] ) but for the rock lovers out there, I thought I'd offer a nice group of minerals from my collection. *While the stones are small ("thumbnail" size), this is typical of many of these minerals.
This lot consists of:
1) An azurite "blueberry"...natural blue color and form
2) A piece of amazonite (personally collected by ME which, alone, should make this collection worth a fortune... *[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] ); Moorefield Mine, Amelia Courthouse, VA
3) A Vera Cruz amethyst crystal...water clear, light purple; Mexico
4) A hexagonal sapphire crystal (corundum)
5) A hexagonal ruby crystal (corundum) which fluoresces a spectacular blood red under long-wave UV light (a black light)
6) A chrysoprase nodule; Pakistan
7) A nice double-terminated "Herkimer diamond" quartz crystal from Herkimer County, NY; Herkimers are HOT!
8) A twinned staurolite crystal otherwise known as "fairystone"
9) An electric blue cavansite crystal...small but absolutely beautiful especially when studied with a magnifier. *From Poona, India
I will add a photo of these crystals as soon as I can so you can see the size. *The sapphire and ruby are NOT cut gemstones but the raw, natural corundum crystal as mined.
I will open the bidding at $5; I will ship international and pay for shipping.
I'm adding the photo AND I added a piece of pink halite to the group. This might flouresce under short wave UV light.
The larger bottom photos show close up of the ruby crystal fluorescing red under a black light; twinned staurolite crystal (fairystone) and the electric blue cavansite floater crystal from Poona, India.