What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Day long tour of the green swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
That's right, a full day tour of CP's in and around the Green Swamp.
I'll drive you to some of the best CP sites in the world. I'll buy you lunch, a cool ferry ride, the NC Aquarium, I'll even take you to civil war battle sites, a tour of a WWII battleship, or any other local attractions that may interest you.
I can promise that you'll see many different species of CP's.
Here is a list of plants that you will see.

VFT's
S.purpurea
S.flava (many different varities)
S.rubra
D.filiformis
D.intermedia
D.capillaris
p.caerulea
U.gibba
U.inflata
U.cornuta

And here's some plants that you may see.
S.minor
D.brevifolia
P.lutea
P.pumila
U.floridana
U.olivacea
U.radiata
U.striata
U.juncea
U.subulata

I may have left some out. Trust me you'll see more cp's then you ever saw in the wild before.

Starting bid $15

This offer will be good from July 05, until I die or am unable to provide the tour.

How far of a drive are you form Kiawah SC?  Would you take a middle aged old lady and kid who is interested in carnivorous plants as a "package" deal?  He doesn't eat much? One problem is that Mom (that would be me) is a poor driver and can get lost in a paper bag.

Sorry AE I can't include an airline ticket. If you stuff yourself in a box and have some one ship you it will be pretty cheap.
Laura it's 172.44 miles. I will be about 40 minutes from Myrtle Beach SC. All you have to do is drive north on Highway 17 until you get to the NC/SC state line. I'm easy to find.
I can't take more than one person at this price, but if you throw in an extra dollar, you can get the famliy plan.
smile_m_32.gif

Yes, somebody PMd me that it was about 170 miles. Eeek, no can do.  That would be far too long in a car with kiddies arguing over who has the longest french fry... who gets the window seat for the next 20 miles... comments such as "well I only needed to do #1 back then but now I need to do a #2 reeeeeeealy bad", and "how many more minutes until we're there" questions. By the time I got to your place... I'd be looking as if I had Parkinsons disease and talking as if I had Turretz sydrome. It wouldn't be a pretty sight.

I use a lot of duct tape when I travel with kids. Works very well.

Now there's a thought. But... wouldn't I attract a lot of attention with them all attached to the hood, the roof, and the trunk deck?  What about the trunk? Mine is somewhat spacious and they wouldn't need a lot of oxygen back there for a 3.5 hour road trip would they?

170 miles to far to travel with screaming kids? i must have thicker skin or am just used to traveling. 170 miles wont get me to a mall, heck 250 miles one way can be considered a day trip to go shopping for us. an 8 hour drive wont nessisaraly get me out of the state and thats doing 75-80 most of the way on the interstate. if i was within 8 hours of you Ozzy i would bid but im alot farther than that.

Ozzy, You ought to see about getting PAK to bid on this one. She's never been boggin'. Too much money to get back there to tour where I've already been, but if I had the cash, I'd be there!

There are times my kids could be "Poster Children" for birth control. Any road trip in excess of about an hour and a half reverts them to "Poster Child" status.  Let's just say that when we have to go on an airplane, I withhold their use of their GameBoys for about a month before and then when we're ready to leave, I make sure the batteries to their GameBoys aren't dead and that I have spares before passing them out at take off.  0zzy, if I could dump the kidlettes, I'd bid in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I'm fresh out of dumping grounds.

Now, if Bugweed would offer to come and babysit...

COOL, Laura!! Tell yer kiddies to prepare to be beaten and mistreated!!

Tee he, how soon can you come? No sense waiting for a trip.  No time like the present for a practice run!

Laura, Kiawah is an island. Just take them to the beach, tell them to play until you get back. It's not really a big island so they can't get to far.

Kiawah is more of a residential community with a decent golf course I suppose if you golf. Yes, the kids like the beach. I could tell them to go out and look for shells while I took off but I don't think that would buy me enough time.

With all this banter - I can't tell if anyone has bid on this offer.

There is no bid yet. I guess nobody dares to spend a full day with me.
smile_h_32.gif

The opening bid is still $15

I'll bid $15 on it, since I don't really have to do it this summer. One condition tho, you have to wear the outfit in your profile on the tour.
smile_n_32.gif

I could only wish I was as cool as this guy is. Maybe one day.
smile_l_32.gif

JohnPU.jpg

I think that I should have added this in the first post but I didn't think to.

Some plants that I listed may not be able to be seen during certain seasons. If you let me know what you want to see let me know and I'll tell you what month will be best to see what you want.

$25. What I DON'T want to see are big spiders. What's a good season for that? Aprilh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back