What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A second chance!  VA COUNTRY HAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Back by popular demand!  This offering is for one package of Virginia salt-cured country ham!  (Please note: the photo shows additional products being offered in another auction. Those products are NOT available in this auction...just the ham. I'm runnin' out of money...  
confused.gif
)

One package contains three thick slabs of country ham.  To me, they are best with biscuits but you can eat it plain or cook it in with vegetables and soups for flavor.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]For those of you unfortunates who have never had the privilege of partaking of country ham, let me warn you it is very salty!  It is not like bland, rubbery baked or boiled ham.  It can be washed or soaked to reduce the saltiness.  Its salty because it is salt-cured.  And because it is cured, it can safely be shipped anywhere in the world.  It is also vacuum packed.  In the olden days, country hams were cured with salt and hung in curing barns for months.  These hams are shipped all over the world.  Tamlin Dawnstar has used it to make a ham stew which he said was delicious!  Ham is also used to flavor vegetables and soups.

The ham package contains 3 thick slabs of ham.  You can make red-eye gravy with coffee added to the ham drippings (yes, I know that sounds odd but trust me red-eye gravy is good and tastes nothing like coffee).  It only takes 2 minutes to cook so its a quick easy meal.

vaproducts.jpg

Ham photo to right; other products NOT INCLUDED in this auction.  Sorry.  
smile_h_32.gif

Opening bid...just TWO DOLLAH!  ($2)

OK...start bidding before I eat it...I'm hungry.  
smile_l_32.gif

$2. I think my dog will like it.

THAT....just isn't going to happen!

$15

Phil...if you win and eat all this ham...I hope you live near a lake because you will be drinking the whole thing. lol You can use a hose as a straw...

Payment has been recieved.

And the ham has been sent too along with the other winnings.

Transaction is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back