What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Currant bush

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to get out in the greenhouse to figure out the CPs I can offer, bo for now I offer a red current bush. They are easy to grow and supply tasty fruit. Starting bid $1. Shipping to be paid by buyer.

Oooh! I got a black one a while ago, but I've been looking for a red one. $2 to start.

A current bush, awesome! $3

Hey Rose...could you provide a little info on what conditions the plant can take and its growing habit (such as...do they get big?).

Don't even bother bidding for this plant PAK!  It's mine!!

--------------
Muuuhahahahahah! Yeah yeah...so you say. We'll see about that.
smile_m_32.gif

Hey no fair, you edited my post
smile_k_ani_32.gif

$4

$5!

Too many memories of eating red currants in Germany to give this one up. I've got my mom backing me on this one, watch out!!
laugh.gif

Watch out MOM, I ready to gorge..... $6

p.s. will this do well in the hot humid deep south? I remember them from New England....?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]p.s. will this do well in the hot humid deep south? I remember them from New England....?

Since I'm bidding this one, the answer is "no"
smile_m_32.gif

My parents have a red current bush as well, so I might have my mom's backing to before its all over
smile_n_32.gif

$7

-Homer

Yes it will, as they are growing very well in the hot, humid Midwest. These bushes grow to a nice height of approximately 3 Ft and spread nicely. If you want more of them just have a branch touch the soil for a will. The fruit is great for jam, wine or just eating, but you have to beat the birds to them. The leaves are kind of maple shaped and they fall off in the winter. They winter and summer very well. Do not mind full sun to partial shade.

Thought I'd let this one slip under the radar?! Nah! I got my sights set!!

$8!!

$9

$10

Yarrr!!
biggrin.gif

Bumping open auctions to the top as a reminder to the two members to either pay or ship the item.

Item received (yesterday.) Thanks! That should be trade complete.

Thank you to both Rose and Jonathan for your donations.
smile.gif

Done deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back