What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Leah Wilkerson'

Status
Not open for further replies.
id get one of those right now(i have the money for one[yay babysiting!]) but id be to scared that i would kill it! since our winters are going to be tested for Sarracenia proof this year i will have to wait until next year to get all the sarrs i want! but MY GAWD that is a huge pitcher! great growing PAK
alex

Thanks but I think 'Leah' did all that growing all on her own.  I just gawk at her every day.  lol  The flower is beautiful as well.  She has two pitchers now and a third on the way up although they are slightly smaller than her first one.

I hope everyone understands you can't just "go and get one" of these.  This is a very RARE opportunity to own a spectacular Sarracenia originating from an unusually special location of robust plants.

People all over the world are clamoring for this elegant lady and now YOU have a chance to acquire one.  Worth the bucks!  
smile.gif
And a multitude of thank yous to Brooks for sharing one of these for our auction.

OK, well I guess it's prefunctory that I show off my 'Leah' from last year's auction. I've only got one open pitcher thus far, as my plants are still breaking dormancy and budding here in Washington state. But, her first pitcher of the season is just over 30 inches tall.
leah4.jpg
leah3.jpg

Bid on this auction or Alexander Hamilton will be plant food!
leah2.jpg

This is probably the narrowest view of the pitcher possible - it's actually much wider than a bill from both the front and side. I just didn't manage to center any of the pictures I took from those angles. :p
I think PAK is right, this plant is extremely robust. I just give it water and sunlight and it does the rest on it's own. If I can find it a bigger pot, I'm sure it'll do even better. Worth every penny! Thanks again, Brooks!
Peace,
~Joe

Enough chatter! $75!!

Those pictures pushed me over the edge. You're bad, bad people.
laugh.gif

Well, I'm going to have to wait till I have the extra cash next year for that one, but thats still one huge and beautiful sarr. I realize I can;t go out and just get one, but hopefully there will be one offered next year. Now I know to go save my money for one!! Anyone ever thought to get it cloned!?!

If it's not cloned already, how did Brooks have two orders for 1000 plants? He's been growing since 2002(I think). It must be....MAGIC!

Cheers,

Joe

Joe,
I said I got orders for 2000 plants but I did not say I filled those orders. 'Leah' has been in tissue culture since shortly after her discovery and for several years now but is not in production. I am not sure if I will be doing that production myself or not. At the moment, I am actively involved in an extensive breeding program of my own as well as trialing a number of other 'Wilkerson' plants that may or may not be named. There are some promising ones. Anyway, there are no tissue cultured plants available anytime soon and I seem to be the only one with direct divisions available. I have been aggressive with that aspect of propagating 'Leah.' I am happy to offer this one for sale. To the winner; you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for your offering Brooks! I wish I could get in on this. Just not this year. I was un-aware of a looker like this and was unprepared as far as the checkbook goes. Thanks again for your generosity.

alright, I'll jump in at $85

$100. Stay away from my girl!
biggrin.gif

Capslock

No, don't be afeared I haven't outbid you. I just wanted to say my 'Leah' opened its first pitcher ever today, and now my cat is missing. I have grown any number of Sarracenia over the long years, and truely this is the Queen of them all. It stands over ALL my fother Sarracenia, and this is still a juvenille plant!!! It's worth every penny you will pay, and you will never find a more worthy time to add this spectacular cultivar to your collection.

DO I hear 100.00? C'mon, who's Ben Franklin to you anyways....you'll remember what he looks like, and this beauty will warm your heart every time you gaze at it's awesomeness.

Go for it!

$125, for that fine looking lady.

$130.00 That bid will last about 5 mins.

haha, I was suprised mine lasted 40 mins.

Bumping open auctions to the top as a reminder to the two members to either pay or ship the item.

Bumping open auctions to the top as a reminder to the two members to either pay or ship the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back