User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'Leah Wilkerson'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is wonderful!

It makes me glad I decided to offer one again and thanks WolfStriker for the photo and glad to see 'Leah' is doing so well. I am sure it just feeds the fire. I wish I had a host for some of my own photos but your does her real justice. In the orginal clump in the bog there were pitchers 50" for those of you who really like big plants. The opening on the pitchers can reach 4"-5" as well. Keep bidding!
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a photo to post as well only I emailed myself the wrong one yesterday so I couldn't post it. My 'Leah' has a stunning 32" pitcher. It so large I can't get my hand around it. I go out and stare at her every day. I will try to post my photo tonite.

---------------

OK, here she is...and a "guest", soon to be dinner.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See? Give a woman a "Leah Wilkerson" and they just CAN'T get enough!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY S*** THAT IS ONE BIG PITCHER!! Man I knwo I have to look for one of these in the future. At the current bid though its to rich for my blood. WOW
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id get one of those right now(i have the money for one[yay babysiting!]) but id be to scared that i would kill it! since our winters are going to be tested for Sarracenia proof this year i will have to wait until next year to get all the sarrs i want! but MY GAWD that is a huge pitcher! great growing PAK
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks but I think 'Leah' did all that growing all on her own. I just gawk at her every day. lol The flower is beautiful as well. She has two pitchers now and a third on the way up although they are slightly smaller than her first one.

I hope everyone understands you can't just "go and get one" of these. This is a very RARE opportunity to own a spectacular Sarracenia originating from an unusually special location of robust plants.

People all over the world are clamoring for this elegant lady and now YOU have a chance to acquire one. Worth the bucks! And a multitude of thank yous to Brooks for sharing one of these for our auction.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, well I guess it's prefunctory that I show off my 'Leah' from last year's auction. I've only got one open pitcher thus far, as my plants are still breaking dormancy and budding here in Washington state. But, her first pitcher of the season is just over 30 inches tall.

Bid on this auction or Alexander Hamilton will be plant food!

This is probably the narrowest view of the pitcher possible - it's actually much wider than a bill from both the front and side. I just didn't manage to center any of the pictures I took from those angles. :P
    I think PAK is right, this plant is extremely robust. I just give it water and sunlight and it does the rest on it's own. If I can find it a bigger pot, I'm sure it'll do even better. Worth every penny! Thanks again, Brooks!
    Peace,
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Enough chatter! $75!!

Those pictures pushed me over the edge. You're bad, bad people.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast