User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epiphyllum rooted cutting

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This offering is for a rooted cutting of an Epiphyllum. I believe this is E. oxypetallum but I'm not sure. This "cutting" is compliments of Ollie Bean who knocked over my pot breaking off this two-foot section of stem. The stem layed in the pot for a while and rooted. But it seems to have rooted so that the "leaves" are upside down. I don't think that matters and if it does, you can just plant it the other way. This is sometimes called, incorrectly, Nightblooming Cereus and that is actually what I was told it was when I was given a cutting.

They produce beautiful flowers that open around 10 p.m. in the evening. They open very fast...within about an hour and make for some great photography! The flowers only last a few hours to a day generally.

Here is the cutting you will receive:

And here is the flower it will produce:

Bidding starts at $2; US bidders only; I will pay shipping.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $2
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK You mean to tell me this is not a Nightblooming Cereus? I was given some leaves of a plant that looks like yours and was told that is what it was. Thanks for the info. If this isn't a Nightblooming Cereus then what is?

I just did some research and this is what I found.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Night-Blooming Cereus - ID

Two plants are called night-blooming cereus:

One is a night blooming, fragrant epiphytic cactus, classified as Hylocereus due to the TRIANGULATE leaves, and upright growth to 15'. Selenicereus grandiflorus is commonly called night-blooming cereus or Queen-of-the-Night. The leaves look like squared off - three point versions of prickly pear with numerous, repetitive spines on the edges. True Cereus species are rounded stemmed and usually have tiny leaves. Flowers have funnel shaped interior petals, with daisy-like exterior petals.

Another is an Epiphyllum; also a night blooming cactus species but with a shrubby, prostrate, almost cascading characteristic and an overall height of 8' max in the wild. Leaves look almost smooth, are very long,... FLAT.... and have spines only on the margins at the indentations. Flowers are very petalous. Most common one is Epiphyllum oxypetalum.
    Nice looking flower on this thing! Mins hasn't bloomed yet, but its still growing.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $5
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $8

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping open auctions to the top as a reminder to the two members to either pay or ship the item.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping open auctions to the top as a reminder to the two members to either pay or ship the item.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast