What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Swamp Tour (Winner Capslock) $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Every year I offer a tour of the Green Swamp. I have so many sites it could take two full days to see them all.

I can show you 5 varities of Flavas, 5 species of pitcher plants, 4 species of sundews, 2 species of butterworts, countless species of bladderworts, and of course I'll show you venus flytraps.

This year I'm going to throw in something different. I'll take you on a night time kayak tour down a river filled with the American Alligator. You may or may not see the gators but you can be sure that they will see you. I'll provide all the equipment, including the kayaks. You just have to be brave enough to show up. Survival is not guaranteed.

You can forfeit the kayak tour if you want and only take the green swamp tour. It's up to you.

I'll start this off at only $1.

Last edited:
Missed this one last year, so I'll try again!! $1

But swimming with the alligators? :crazy:

$2, no gators for me please, lol

$4 could this be for future use when I can drive next year?

During Spring Break or Summer Break I would love to come up there and get a tour

This is for anytime in the future. As long as I don't have anything planned on the day you decide to take the tour. If you give me plenty of notice I can make almost any time you decide to take the tour work.

I just wanted to say I've had a Green Swamp tour and I had a blast! And that was during the dormant season! I saw Sarracenia, sundews, VFTs and even PINGS! The landscape is beautiful. This tour is well worth any traveling you have to do for it. And just recently Ozzy has toured Jim Miller and Barry Rice.

Now I can't speak to the kayak trip...but I can assure you Ozzy will make it a trip you'll never forget. lolol

Hey, there is a rule against chitchat in the auction forums.:cuss:

Not only have I given Barry Rice and Jim Miller tours, but I have had people come from France, Brazil, and Australia for a tour of the Green Swamp.

Now I can't speak to the kayak trip...but I can assure you Ozzy will make it a trip you'll never forget. lolol

Just remember if you hear banjo music, paddle as fast as you can, I won't wait for you.

$20 I will be in VA the end of July for vacation. I would surely drive the extra miles to do something like this!

How many people can the tour you offer accommodate?
I have my own kayaks that I prefer to use.
Should the bid be per person?

I can fit a couple people in my van. I guess this tour is good for a reasonable sized family.

For the kayak trip, I only have two kayaks. So I'll provide accommodation's for one person. If there are other people that want to tag along, that's ok as long as they provide their own kayak, food, and any other equipment.

I would bid for the kayak trip alone! I love kayaking. Maybe if I make that way next spring like my wife and I are considering I'll make a donation to NASC of the winning bid amount to get a tour myself!

See PAK's photo tour of her trip here.

xvart.

--------------------

Thank you xvart! I was going to do that so you saved me the trouble. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if there is interest in just a kayak tour, why don't I list a great one.

Well if there is interest in just a kayak tour, why don't I list a great one.

lol. I still think about your geocaching kayak trip post with great jealousy. By the way, what is the zip code of the area where you tour around?

xvart.

edit: Just reread that thread. I meant the story with all the rain and the storm and the roots that almost speared you. That was a great trip!

The Zip code is 28462.

Come on now, I'll spend more than $25 just in gas. This is a once in a lifetime experience. It has taken me years to find all these different spots. Every spot I'll take you to, I have personally found. I have never had anybody send me directions nor gps locations. I have spent the last 3 years of my life finding and documenting these sites. I have had people from all over the US and the world travel here for a tour and it's only up to $25. Come on now, the money is going to save the same plants that I'll be showing you. I'll promise that you'll never see as many wild cp's in one day ever again.

$50 (no idea when I can redeem, but i will!)

Max

Payment received.

Since I can't ship the item and it is up to Capslock to claim the trip at his convenience, I'm closing this auction and consider it complete..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back