What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia 'Sunburst' - Mature flowering division (Winner Igrow) $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houstonherp

Send in the Clones
This auction is for one mature division of Sarracenia 'Sunburst,' donated by Houston Herp Supply. This is a clone of the hybrid (leucophylla x flava), and originated with Rob Sacilotto at Botanique. This cross has produced many beautiful named cultivars, including 'Leah Wilkerson' and 'Adrian Slack.' However, THIS cultivar leans toward the flava parent more so than many others, and produces the most amazingly colored flowers (light reddish orange with yellowish stripes) in the spring. Pitchers on this item are approximately 26 inches tall. The division should still have a flower on it which was open pollinated; you can decide if you want me to leave the flower on it.

I'll pay shipping if the winning bid is over $30, or the winner can pay shipping if the winning bid is less than $30.

SUPPORT THE NASC!

Good Growing,

Mike

$10

Another one I would just love to have. Wow, it sounds lovely.

$11

Grr... limited budget! :)

$15

$17

I have to win at least ONE auction... lol.

$19!

Let's keep going up by ones, see how many posts this thing gets lol.

Actually, according to the auction 'bidding increments' rules, once an item reaches $20, the minimum bid increase is $2. So only one more person will be able to up the bid by $1. BUT that means that you will be doing THAT MUCH MORE to support Sarracenia conservation!

Thanks everyone for supporting such a worthwhile cause!

Good growing,

Mike

$25.

This is fun lol

$29.

Too bad this is one I intend to win.

$35.

Only plant in the NASC auction I wanted to win, looks like I won't win it.

Ah, the poor never prosper in the end. Enjoy the plant Igrow (or whoever gets it)

Mike,

Can you describe the pitchers on this one a little more? I haven't been able to fine photos of it online.

Mike,

Can you describe the pitchers on this one a little more? I haven't been able to fine photos of it online.

HAHA!! That should testify to its unique qualities and rarity in private collections!

You caught me on my day off, Steve, so I was able to take some pics of it. Keep in mind that we are into full summertime heat and sun down here in Houston, and you can see why I like this plant. It holds up well even in these conditions!

Here's one of the entire plant, from which the division will be separated:
Sunburst02sm.jpg

And here's one of the pitcher hood:
SunburstHood02sm.jpg

And one of the mouth of one of the pitchers:
SunburstMouth01sm.jpg

Flowers were open pollinated, BTW, so there's no telling what kinds of seedlings might come from one of these flowers!

Bid on this plant and SUPPORT THE NASC!!

Good Growing,

Mike

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or repoert the item received.

Please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back.

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or report the item received.
This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back, so please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. Please don't send me a update through PM, my inbox is already full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back