What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
Up for bid is one N. 'Lady Pauline.' Below is the description from the CPN, submitted October 12, 2006.

Nepenthes talangensis × maxima ‘Lady Pauline’​

Submitted: 12 October 2006

This outstanding artificial hybrid between N. talangensis and N. maxima originates from a sterile culture I obtained 1998 from Thomas Alt, Germany. It is believed that the cross was made either by him or by one of his close associates in Germany.

For a number of years, plants of this hybrid parentage, all of similar overall appearance and morphology were being circulated erroneously as “N. bongso × maxima.” One of the reasons for the name confusion was probably due to the fact that at that time, N. talangensis had not yet been formally described.

In general morphology as well as pitcher shape this plant is intermediate between the parent species. The lower pitchers are similar to N. maxima in coloration, being richly speckled in dark purple, with a wide dark purple peristome up to 3 cm across. The pitchers are distinctively shorter and wider than those of N. maxima, reaching dimensions of 14 cm by 8 cm. They are widest just beneath the peristome. Also, the pitcher mouth is more horizontal and round than that of N. maxima. The upper pitchers are similar to the lower pitchers in overall size, but are more infundibular (funnelshaped) and are lighter in coloration, being translucent pale cream with red stripes and red peristome. The leaf blades are linear-lanceolate, obtuse at the base. The leaf blade apex is obtuse, occasionally somewhat emarginate in mature specimens.

In order to preserve the characteristics of this plant, it should be propagated vegetatively. This plant is named in honour of Dame Pauline Norma Harris D.L., mother of Martin Harris, Commercial Director of Carpetright plc, who has very generously sponsored Borneo Exotics for the Chelsea Flower Show in 2006. Martin Harris coined the name on 15 March, 2006.

—ROBERT CANTLEY • Thalawathugoda • Sri Lanka

Here are some pictures of the plant you will receive:
NLadyPauline2-60408.jpg

NLadyPauline4-60408.jpg

NLadyPauline3-60408.jpg

NLadyPauline5-60408.jpg

I'll pay shipping. Opening bid: $2. USA Only. Will be shipped unpotted.

Thanks for supporting NASC!

xvart.

Last edited:
Hi could they live on a windowsill?
Are they hard to care for?

Will you be sending the exact same plant as the one in the photos or are they stock photos

$2

$4

$8

I forgot to mention that this is USA only. I have updated the original post.

xvart.

$12

$16

Last edited:
$17

This will be shipped unpotted.

xvart.

Updated pictures since the other pitcher opened.

NLadyPauline1-61408.jpg

NLadyPauline2-61408.jpg

Thanks for supporting NASC.

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back