What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to start up a collection of heat loving sundews and byblis, or simply enhance your current collection?

Then this auction is for you!

Up for auction is a total of 6 packets, 40+ seeds each, of the following:

1 packet of Drosera burmannii - Beerwah, Queensland, Australia
1 packet of Byblis liniflora
1 packet of Drosera filiformis "Florida All Red"
1 packet of Drosera indica "Green form"
1 packet of Drosera indica (this one is an interesting scented form)
1 packet of Drosera intermedia - Cuba

All thrive in the warm outdoor conditions Miami, Florida provides them so keep this in mind when bidding. Heat is the key to being successful with most of these! Most of these can also be treated as summer annuals in cooler climates.

Below are short descriptions of each type. Some quick cultivation tips may also be provided:

burmanii.jpg

Drosera burmannii - Beerwah, Queensland, Australia​

This plant grows like a weed in warm, bright conditions. In full sun it remains mostly green with the trap margins becoming pink/orange in color. Can be treated as a summer annual in colder climates.

byblis.jpg

Byblis liniflora

A strict summer annual, it reaches maturity quickly and flowers constantly. Sow many seeds in the same pot for best effect. Taller pots are better for this species.

filiformis.jpg

Drosera filiformis "Florida All Red"​

This is the only plant offered that can be successfully grown year round in areas that get light frost. I've heard that dormancy isn't necessary for this variety of D. filiformis, but all my plants form winter resting buds. Seeds don't need cold stratification to germinate.

indica.jpg

Drosera indica "Green form"​

This is a vigorous and large variety of Drosera indica. It has strange red glands of unknown function that run along the back of the leaf and on the flower buds which make this variety unique. Unlike the other form of D. indica that I grow, this one is very tolerant of wet conditions.

indica2.jpg

Drosera indica

This is an interesting form of Drosera indica as mature plants give off a sweet honey like smell. Slightly harder to grow than the green form, it doesn't tolerate prolonged wet conditions. Has tiny white flowers.

intermedia.jpg

Drosera intermedia - Cuba​

The Cuban form is a small, tropical variety of D. intermedia and grows best in pure Sphagnum Moss. Keep this variety in temps of 80F+ for good growth and germination.

I am willing to ship these seeds worldwide but feel that it is the bidders responsibility to be sure they are allowed to accept small amounts of nonagricultural seeds from the U.S.

Bidding starts at $3.

I pay shipping.

I can be contacted via PM, or email: jrfxtreme@hotmail.com

$3

$7

$12

$18

Mmmmm....Tempting. Although I've never had luck germinating sundews. Do any of these require any sort of stratification?

Mmmmm....Tempting. Although I've never had luck germinating sundews. Do any of these require any sort of stratification?

No treatment required for any of these. All germinate readily in the standard peat/perlite mix (excluding D. intermedia - Cuba which does best for me in 100% sphagnum).

$20

$28

Jason

$28.00 sent via PayPal today. glider14 pays shipping.

Seeds shipped out today! (06/28/08)

Seeds received. Consider this listing finished. Thanks a lot JRFxtreme!

Thanks for supporting NASC!

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back