What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes hamata CPsinSC $65

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Plant: Nepenthes hamata
Highlander: 1400M-2500M
Clone: Borneo Exotics

What is up for auction will be a fresh un-rooted, 1 node cutting of my world famous Nepenthes hamata.
That's right, the windowsill growing hamata that defies all growing requirements for nepenthes.

In this thread I give average temps and humidity levels this plant normally gets:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108509

Here are some shots of the plant that the cutting will be taken from:
Nhamata.jpg

Nhamata_1_22_05.jpg

Nhamata1.jpg

I'll pay shipping. Opening bid: $2. USA Only.

Hey DM, you could learn a thing or two from this hamata. ;) $25.

$30.00. How much for the window, too?

xvart.

Hey Steven, great addition to the auction. Do you have a recent pic of your Hamata, and a general area of where the cutting will be taken from? How big is the distance between nodes? 1 node cuttings can be finicky at times... Thanks for any additional info.

Daniel

Hey Steven, great addition to the auction. Do you have a recent pic of your Hamata, and a general area of where the cutting will be taken from? How big is the distance between nodes? 1 node cuttings can be finicky at times... Thanks for any additional info.

Daniel

Daniel,
That is an old picture. The vine is bending over from hitting the ceiling which puts the vine around 4'.
Last time I made 1 node cuttings. I did lose 2 of them. I was using peat pots and found out the soil was drying out a lot faster them when I use plastic cups for the cuttings. That might be why I lost the cuttings.
The total length of the cutting for a 1 node cutting will be around 4" long.

I can take a pic of the distant between nodes when I get home.

It's a little more then 4" between the nodes.

hamata-vine-003.jpg

Thanks for the extra info. Steven. The top leaves almost look a little etiolated from growing outside of view of the "magic window" (droop). A very nice large plant you have there though :).

Daniel

$45.00

xvart.

ok, $56.00

By the way, is it only producing upper pitchers?

Nvm, someone beat me to it.

Thanks for the welcome and the "heads up" on bidding procedures (DrWurm & Capensis).
As a "newbie" here...Guess I'm getting old! :crazy:

(Even though it only has upper pitchers, and the upper leaves do look
somewhat etiolated (anemic) as "Nepenthes" pointed out, I assume that elgecko
is a fair grower and that he'll send out a healthy specimen. )

$60 I'm in!

"What goes around comes around".

(Even though it only has upper pitchers, and the upper leaves do look
somewhat etiolated (anemic) as "Nepenthes" pointed out, I assume that elgecko
is a fair grower and that he'll send out a healthy specimen. )

I wouldn't even worry about it. Elgecko is "notorious" for having a magic window that grows wonderful plants no matter what conditions!

"What goes around comes around".

Exactly. Welcome aboard. Hope you stick around after the auction!

xvart.

$65
Ryan & Sara

Payment sent :)

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Either send payment or the item that was won. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back