What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Noobie Carepackage: A Book and 2 Noobie Plants joossa $6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWurm

Californian in DC
This is an auction specifically geared towards those of you who have just entered the carnivorous plant experience.

Up for grabs is a book: The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato. This is widely regarded as the "Bible" of carnivorous plant cultivation, and is a must have for new growers.

Along with the book are 2 species of plants to start your collection:

1 Typical Venus Flytrap

1 Drosera Capensis (The Cape Sundew)

All pictures are of the actual items you will receive.

The book is used, but in good condition. All the pages are present, untorn, and not dog-eared. It covers cultivation for almost every type of carnivorous plant out there.

The flytrap has been grown outside in full sun. If you look closely, you will see a young flytrap at the base of the larger plant. You WILL receive this little guy too.

The capensis has also been growing in full sun, and therefore, is very hardy. If you kill this plant, I'll congratulate you.

Sorry guys, I'm broke, you bite the shipping on this one. I'll get back to you on how much I think it'll cost. I'll assume full responsibility for making sure the book cannot smash the plants. These plants will be shipped bare root, wrapped in sphagnum, with a generous amount of soil coating the roots.

USA only please.

Starting bid: $5

5$
the VFT isnt a real hype for me, but the capensis(which i've never had one that big) and the book are what i wanted.

and when you said the capensis has been growing in full sun, how about winter? i live in Los Angeles, it doesnt get cold to the point where its snowing. but its not hot either(for me).

I live in LA too haha, if you win, maybe you can just drive by to get em. I left my capensis outside last winter. Its leaves got noticeably shorter, so i guess you could say it went pseudo-dormant. But it popped back later.

Really? too bad i cant drive yet(i'm 16 years old) but i live around hollywood, i could probably take a bus to around where you live... even though my mom told me never to meet face to face with a stranger that i meet online :)

would that cut the shipping cost?

I imagine a bus ride would be cheaper than shipping, and hey, I'm 17, no biggie. I live really close to LAX. Still gotta win the auction though :p

yep. and i have the student bus pass, so i can ride as much as i want, train, subway, bus, anything related to metro.

Payment sent to NASC via USPS 6/26/08.

Shipping payment sent to DrWurm via USPS 6/26/08.

Thanks!

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Either send payment or the item that was won. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Just got confirmation from schloaty today, package sent out via priority mail 15 minutes ago.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Either send payment or the item that was won. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Item was received yesterday at noon. Props on the packaging! :)

Thanks DrWurm!

Thanks for supporting NASC!

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back