What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pond Plant Variety Pack (5 different plants) rattler_mt $26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a plant package that would be great to help kick off a new pond to a fantastic start or to help fill in an existing pond with a variety of plants for all levels of the pond. This plant package will contain a total of five different plant divisions:
1. Hardy Water Lily (1). Either white or yellow flowering. Winner’s color preference will try to be accommodated but cannot be absolutely guaranteed (Deep water plant)
2. Iris (1). Winner’s choice of either Iris siberica or Iris versicolor (Marginal Plant)
3. Japanese Sweet Rush (1). Acorus gramineus 'Ogon'. (Marginal Plant)
4. Parrots Feather Cuttings (5+). Myriophyllum aquaticum (Oxygenator planted either in a pot or also as free floating cuttings)
5. Water Hyacinth (1). Eichhornia crassipes (Floating plant)
• Due to its invasive qualities water hyacinth is "state-listed" and restricted in states such as Arizona, Florida, Texas and South Carolina (possibly Hawaii and California, need to research more) so if you live somewhere where it is not allowed or it may potentially be able to survive winter and become invasive in native waterways I can substitute a marginal plant for Water Hyacinth.

All plants except Water Hyacinth are winter hardy to at least zone 5 based on my personal experience and all are easy to grow and are beautiful plants. With such a diverse variety of plant types, leaf shapes, colors, textures and flowers this package is an ideal sampler of plants to help quickly fill a pond with color and variety.

If bidding happens to rise above $40 an additional water lily will be added to the package (or other plant of winner’s choice).

Winning bidder will pay $5 partial shipping; I will cover the rest of the shipping costs. U.S Only.
Good Luck!

Can I hear a starting bid of $8?

White Water Lily

100_0346.jpg

or

Yellow Water Lily

100_0402.jpg

Iris siberica

DSC00429-1.jpg

or

Iris versicolor

DSC00332.jpg
]

and

Sweet Rush
DSC00390.jpg

Plus
Parrots Feather

100_0374.jpg

and

Water Hyacinth: Just Google Image it, I don’t have a pic but it all pretty much looks the same

$8.00

sweet!

ei-lev-in dollah!

($11)

for the record.......given the spirit in which this auction is intended.....water hyacinth is illegal in some states due to its habit of being invasive in the subtropical parts of the US........might want to check local laws before bidding or im sure allegedhuman would be willing to leave it out if its illegal in your state...

edit whoops....sorry for the screw up i see it was included in the above.....pain pills have me thinking fuzzy.....for the screw up ill bid $15

Nice offering!

restricted in states such as Arizona, Florida, and South Carolina

What does "restricted" mean? You can own it but within certain conditions?

In South Carolina " No person shall possess, sell, offer for sale, import, bring, or cause to be brought or imported into this State, or release or place into any waters of this State any of the following plants:(1) Water Hyacinth 2) Hydrilla"

and in Florida "It is NOT legal for a business to sell water hyacinth or water lettuce in Florida. In fact it is against the law for anyone in the State of Florida to possess either of those plants with out a permit from the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)"

There are other states I haven't looked up yet so if you win and live in zones 9+ (maybe 7 or 8?) or other states where winters are mild please consider that fact that the hyacinth may/will be substituted based on state restrictions.

Thanks everyone for looking and bidding!

Because YOU messed up you over bid ME?

NEWBIE!!

neiyne-tien dollah!

($19)

trying to intimidate me?.....$22

Last edited by a moderator:
talk like that again and you're outta here buddy!!

tweindy-foaw!

$26.........................Hier Dictator...............:D

I suck as a Dictator :( I can't even make you stop bidding against me! haha :-)) I guess that why we're basically a Democracy here not a Dictatorship ;) lol NOW BACK OFF, THE MODS AND I HAVE VOTED (ok... no we didn't...hehe)!! (or don't it's up to you hehe)

noe-bied-amuont
($0)

how can you bid $0?....:crazy:

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Either send payment or the item that was won. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Either send payment or the item that was won. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back