Here is a plant package that would be great to help kick off a new pond to a fantastic start or to help fill in an existing pond with a variety of plants for all levels of the pond. This plant package will contain a total of five different plant divisions:
1. Hardy Water Lily (1). Either white or yellow flowering. Winner’s color preference will try to be accommodated but cannot be absolutely guaranteed (Deep water plant)
2. Iris (1). Winner’s choice of either Iris siberica or Iris versicolor (Marginal Plant)
3. Japanese Sweet Rush (1). Acorus gramineus 'Ogon'. (Marginal Plant)
4. Parrots Feather Cuttings (5+). Myriophyllum aquaticum (Oxygenator planted either in a pot or also as free floating cuttings)
5. Water Hyacinth (1). Eichhornia crassipes (Floating plant)
• Due to its invasive qualities water hyacinth is "state-listed" and restricted in states such as Arizona, Florida, Texas and South Carolina (possibly Hawaii and California, need to research more) so if you live somewhere where it is not allowed or it may potentially be able to survive winter and become invasive in native waterways I can substitute a marginal plant for Water Hyacinth.
All plants except Water Hyacinth are winter hardy to at least zone 5 based on my personal experience and all are easy to grow and are beautiful plants. With such a diverse variety of plant types, leaf shapes, colors, textures and flowers this package is an ideal sampler of plants to help quickly fill a pond with color and variety.
If bidding happens to rise above $40 an additional water lily will be added to the package (or other plant of winner’s choice).
Winning bidder will pay $5 partial shipping; I will cover the rest of the shipping costs. U.S Only.
Can I hear a starting bid of $8?
White Water Lily
Yellow Water Lily
Water Hyacinth: Just Google Image it, I don’t have a pic but it all pretty much looks the same