What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes tobaica - photo added SashaM24 $35

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Up for auction today is a Nepenthes tobaica.

Ok...I added a very crappy photo. I didn't get to photograph it outside in the light so this will have to do for now. This plant is actually two stems coming out of the pot with one stem divided into 2 vines. So it has 3 vines. See...it's almost as wide as my fridge! I added a Diet Dr Pepper for a size comparison. I'll try to get a better pic but you'll get the idea with this one. Nice plant...I should have kept it. hehe

Nepenthes tobaica is a terrestrial grower preferring exposed areas, even roadside embankments. It is a rapid grower with scrambling, climbing vines. You can prune it to congrol its growth--or let it go wild! You will have lots of cutting material.

It has been called a "highland gracilis" due to similar habitat preferences but it has a wide temperature tolerance. Grows well in moist, but well-drained soils.

It is rated "very easy" for cultivation; bright to full light, grows well in chambers as an intermediate.

For more information, look here:

http://www.cpjungle.com/nuctob.htm

Last edited:
Whats the starting bid?
Will you cover shipping?

I've been wanting a tobaica. But what's the starting bid?

Lordy...I messed up on my own auction. That's pathetic. LOL Well, I'm at work and was in a hurry. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Opening bid $2; I'll pay shipping; US bidders only.

I'll be putting up a pic this evening.

:blush:

$10

dang those ninja bidders. $16

Yeah, about that...$35!

Gah.. I'm out then. It's getting a little high for me.

I just wanted to point out all the numerous pitcher buds...just waiting to grow and pop out for it's new owner not to mention the fresh growth of leaves coming out. :D

This plant will go in the mail today on my lunch hour! Let me know if it arrives ok. Packing a nep is hell. lol

Received today! All is well! Thanks!

Thanks for supporting NASC!

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back