What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Thorelii x Trusmadiensis unrooted cutting. Possible bonus - Flytraplady5 $35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for auction is one unrooted cutting of Thorelii x Trusmadiensis. If the auction goes high enough, I will include certain bonus(es). I don't have a picture of the main plant right now, however I will try to get one later today. This is not the 'Steve Duggins' clone that I have shown before, but one of Mike Ludwig's vigorous female clones. It produces a wide range of different looking pitchers. I pay shipping. Cutting will be cut the same day as it is shipped. Bidding starts at 2$. Lower 48 USA only please.

Daniel

Here are a couple pics of the plant I will be taking cuttings from. All of the pitchers from this plant have a fairly unique look to them. I received this plant from Mike Ludiwig, whom was very generous in donating his collection to me. His website is no longer up, but if you've had the fortune of seeing his plants, you may have noticed his web page on this plant shows a collection of pitchers of which none look alike. Of all the plants i own, this cross appears to show the most variation in its pitchers. Regardless, the lower pitchers tend to produce a dark red pitcher with a striped peristome, and the uppers seem to be a green color with a striped peristome. Of course, this description does not do the plant justice. They are all very nice in their own way. Because the auction is for a good cause, i will incluide an unrooted cutting of another cross(es) of my choice. Depending on the closing cost of the auction, i will continue to upgrade the bonus(es) as i see fit. If the auction goes for a sufficient amount, i will trade the unrooted cutting for a ROOTED cutting. Please bid generously as this is for a good cause, and your generosity will prompt me to include greater bonuses. Please see my follow-up posts for possible upgrades to my bonus offers.

Pic of an immature lower basal pitcher: (picture this as larger, a deep red with a striped peristome) Very beautiful:
ThoreliixTMcuttingpitcheriphonep-1.jpg

Here is an upper. It also creates a very wonderful striped peristome with a nice green pitcher. This of course, is a true upper, produced on a 5 foot vine.
ThoreliixTMcuttingpitcheriphonepica.jpg

I am not sure whether i will take the cutting from the vine or from a basal yet. If i give the rooted cutting for the auction (if it goes high enough), it is from the upper part of the plant producing upper pitchers. If i take the cutting and then ship, it will be from either a basal or an upper. Happy bidding, and please, for the sake of conservation, bid high.

Heck let's throw out the low incremental bidding, lol!

$20!

Updated with pictures. I will include an unrooted cutting of another cross, because this auction has reached 30$. Bid more, and receive more! Who knows, what i'll give next?!

Daniel

$35.00
Isn't there supposed to be a recession going on?

ive decided not to participate in the recession.

Payment Received.

Plant receivedtoday.

ha ha ha it was a rooted cutting with about 6 (didn't take time to count them)pitchers on it.Thanx so much for offering thisi little lady. can't wait to see what you offer next year.
LMO

Thanks for supporting NASC!

xvart.

Just thought i'd add a pic of the plant I sent out to hopefully encourage a higher bidding price on next years auction. (it's the one on the right - the one on the left is my other auction):
09NASCauction.jpg

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back