What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarr seed - Leuco x flava rubricorpora wolcottaj $12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal's request over here prompted me to visit my 'seed drawer' & see what seeds folks might be interested in as well as which ones I might be able to spare...

Up for auction are ~30 seeds (stored dry in refrigerator) harvested last fall from this cross:
S. leucophylla, Franklin County, FL (code 80C) X S. flava var rubricorpora (red tube), Appalachicola, FL (code 40A)

I've never offered this cross before because it's part of my 'attempt' to create a plant similar to S. 'Adrian Slack' (figuring I'll never get one any other way) ??? :headwall:

Both parents are strikingly colored so I suspect that the cross should make for an interesting hybrid.

Here are pics of the parents:
80CpitcherRS.jpg
40AyoungRS.jpg

Bidding starts @ $2. I pay shipping. Auction is open to all bidders (both inside & outside USA)

$5.00

Thank you!!! :D

Nice parents Ron. I've made this cross multiple times and grown hundreds of the plants out. I'm 99.99% sure you're going to get red tubed moorei and very nice ones at that. S. flava var. rubricorpora is very dominant in passing its color on to its progeny and creating nearly all red seedlings.

If you want an Adrian Slack lookalike you need to cross a really heavily veined flava v. ornata onto your leuco. I've already done it multiple times and it does produce what you're looking for. At least in my experience it has.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.
Good growing.

Phil

Payment received.

Seeds mailed Sat am.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Item has been received and got a bonus!!!!!! Thanks

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back