What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 Chinese mantis Nymps (L2) winner adnedarn $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

schloaty

Staff member
You read that right. Just hatched these babies out in the GH, and there are lots.

Up for bid are 6. Girls are reported to reach 6", but I've never seen one over 4.5....Males are only slightly shorter, though much less bulky.

Great to release in the GH, or keep as pets (but keep them separately, the WILL eat each other).

As pets they're great fun to feed - this species is notoriously aggressive, and will stalk prey. I've even seen them pounce!

Must stay within the continental US.

Bidding starts at $6 (that's only $1 each!).

I will pay shipping if you choose Priority - or we can split an overnight bill if the winner wants to be extra cautious.

EDIT: To address Swords question - at L2 they will still eat fruit flies.....They could conceivable take pin-head crickets, but those are hard to find (I assume you want to buy at your local pet store).

What I do during the warmer months (now) is turn on the porch light at night, then catch whatever flies in. At L2 they can take mosquitoes (they can take them at L1 if they're feeling frisky), any other really small flying critters.

Rule for this species - their size or smaller (that's how they can eat each other).

Last edited:
Are these past the fruitfly stage yet and onto small crickets?

I'd love to have some again :)

$6

I may be getting some darts soon so I'll have to bite the fruit fly bullet anyway!

$7

$15

$3.3333333333333333333333333333 each please :)

*cough* twenty dollars and no cents *cough* ($20)

Payment sent Via paypal to NASC.
Thanks!
Andrew

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

Got them, thanks, and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back