What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Drosera anglica 'Hawaii' Seed from two locations

P4240103+copy.jpg

D. anglica 'Hawaii' Kanaele Bog

miki nalo (mee-kee naah-low) literally "to suck flies" in Hawaiian are only found on the Garden Isle of Kaua'i in the Hawaiian Islands. Seeds are from plants of the Kanaele Bog and Alakai Swamp.

Kanaele Bog is the Hawaii's last remaining low land bog and is under management and restoration by The Nature Conservancy. It is not open to the public. The Alakai Swamp (Alakai Wilderness Preserve) is a highland site (4000-4500 feet) and a popular hiking and camping area (by permit).

Unlike temperate populations of this species stratification and dormancy are not needed. However they will go dormant if the temperatures get cool enough in the winter. Grow under lights in long fiber sphagnum and standing water for year round growth. Keep them well fed to prevent die back after setting seed.

I find the "Alakai Swamp" plants difficult to grow indoors. I suspect my indoor summer temperatures are too high for them. I'm trying a new batch to be grown outdoors this summer.

US only. Free first class mail or $2.00 if the winner wants a thick padded envelope. Winners of multiple items may combine shipping. Paypal accepted.

Bidding starts at $1.00.

If the bidding gets over $9.00 I'll throw in seeds of Dr. Frankensnyder's (aka Ivan Snyder) creation Drosera anglica "CA x HI" which also do not need dormancy or stratification. Gets huge as D. anglica goes.

Last edited:
$1 !

$2

$4

Not going to let this one end so easily.....
5$

I'll meet your 6 and raise it to $8

$10
I actually want this. :p

SirKristoff: you took one of my earlier bids already! you will not win without a fight! $14

$16 thank you very much!

$22

Contacted by winner, received shipping information and payment.

Waiting for confirmation of payment.

Shipped 5/13/10. I'll take a chance on PayPal being slow.

Thank for the trust NaN. Don't worry everything has been paid for.

Shipment received by NaN, Thank You NaN :)

Auction Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back