User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US only: Dubia Roach kit - live B. dubias, housing, food, & water winner Est $30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

US only: Dubia Roach kit - live B. dubias, housing, food, & water winner Est $30

Crickets suck! They stink, are noisy and die for no discernible reason. Grow your own roaches as feeders and sell the extras to other herpers or the reptile shops in your area. Dubias don't fly or climb plastic,don't stink, don't make noise and live up to 2 years making babies on a constant basis. Save $100+ a year on crickets even if you have only one lizard.

This offer is for the Continental USA only minus Florida (due to state regulations).

In this auction you get everything you'll need to get started with B. dubia roaches TODAY no waiting for various things to arrive by mail all you do is get your box from me and go buy a Rubbermaid tub with matching lid and get to work following the instructions I send you.

KIT INCLUDES:

-1 dozen eggcrates

1 food container of B. dubia roaches of varying ages and sizes. The babies are 1/4" when born getting to 2" as adults. You'll always have the exact size feeders you want. Shown here are older nymphs and a momma (with the 1/2 wings) You'll get a couple dozen of all sizes including adult males and females. Keep em warm and they'll start cranking out the babies within a month.

-1 small baggie of water crystals, don't buy calcium enhanced cricket water from the petshop calcium kills feeders when they molt/grow. Buy more at: www.watersorb.com or use the bag of "Soil Moisture" crystals from the garden shop, it's all the same thing minus calcium.

-1 small bag of "Friskies Naturals" dry catfood that I feed my roaches (along with fruits and veggies). Again, don't use calcium enriched feeder gutload from the petshop it kills feeders!

- A strip of fine mesh aluminum screen to make ventillation on your roach tub.

Here's an example of what you will create with all these supplies plus a rubbermaid tub that you supply (bigger tub = more roaches):

Bidding on this kit starts at $5 (rubbermaid tub NOT INCLUDED)
    I pay priority shipping inside USA. NO SALES OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL US OR TO FLORIDA ON LIVE ROACHES.

Unregistered

Roaches

I would like to get in on the bidding for the roach kits. How do I go about doing so? I will bid $10

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oooh this would be perfect for me!

$10 to start.

(Also, I had to laugh at the ad google decided to display based on the content of this post: an ad for Terminix.)

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Woops, looks like someone posted right when I did. I raise my bid to 11 dollars.

Also, to whoever bid, I'd suggest that you make an account on terraforums to make participating in the auction easier for all parties involved.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see your $11 and raise it to $15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet! People are finally interested!

Wafwot you're not from FL or outside the US are you?

I just got a 50 G tub tonight, I'm gonna be swimming in roaches! eww... LOL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Swords, I'm definitely interested. I'd been thinking about roaches for a while, and this would take away a lot of the guesswork. There's almost no reason not to go for it.

I think you underestimate how tired I am of crickets. By at least 5 dollars. :P

$20.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya on crickets. I added up an estimate of $5 a week for crickets x 52 weeks $260 a year! You don't think much of it at just $5 a pop.

The roaches don't need any extra work to get them breeding, an orange slice a week seems to get them "in the mood" according to some sources. You wanna remove any "fresh" foods that are uneaten after 48 hours so they don't rot so start with small amounts. I usually give a slice of orange once a week and then a few days later a small pile of romaine lettuce.

I always put the fresh food (fruits and veggies) in the water crystal dish because you don't want the dry cat food to get wet and moldy.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roaches are the way to go. I am getting tired of the lobster roaches escaping, so I think it's time to the nonclimbers.

$25

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast