What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No non-bid posting please!!!

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
You guys are KILLING me with the "I give up, it's yours" posts.

and the

"too rich for my blood"

and the

"nice plant" (With no bid) etc.

It is in the rules that you should not post unless you are placing a bid.

PLEASE!

It makes it so difficult for me to figure out who actually WON the silly thing!!!!

:rant:

But thanks, everyone, for participating! :hail: :-D

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

:grin:

I posted on Dustin's daylilies one, asking color, and after he posted pics, I replied if Noone grabs them, I may get some. I hope that was OK

...I replied if Noone grabs them, I may get some. I hope that was OK
No, it's not ok. No one needs to know that you're "thinking" of getting some. If you're not going to bid...please do not post. Period!

I posted in the thread for Max's ventricosa x angasanensis stating that it truly is a great plant....wow i guess im in the wrong for trying to help...
i think some posts should be ok, while other pointless ones, should be nuked.

.... i guess im in the wrong for trying to help...
i think some posts should be ok, while other pointless ones, should be nuked.
The issue isn't whether a post is 'helpful' or not. All non-bidding posts clutter the thread and make it difficult for bidders to know what the real bid is as well as the final NASC clean-up crew to try to sort out who won what & ensure that the winners pay up...

I agree that this is frustrating for many participants who want to fully 'enjoy' the auction atmosphere of bidding, commenting, admiring, busting chops, pushing people to bid more, etc.

There's always the chat box on the main discussion page for comments & maybe we should just create an auction discussion thread for auction comments ......

I do apologize. I think I was the first offender when I did the ole' "too rich for my blood" on AVs heli on opening day thus probably giving at least one or two who didn't read the rules fully the idea it was OK.

I did read the rules (twice), but I focused more on bidding increments and listing rules so must have perused right over this section.

Again sorry.

The issue isn't whether a post is 'helpful' or not. All non-bidding posts clutter the thread and make it difficult for bidders to know what the real bid is as well as the final NASC clean-up crew to try to sort out who won what & ensure that the winners pay up...

I agree that this is frustrating for many participants who want to fully 'enjoy' the auction atmosphere of bidding, commenting, admiring, busting chops, pushing people to bid more, etc.

There's always the chat box on the main discussion page for comments & maybe we should just create an auction discussion thread for auction comments ......

i like your idea, wonder if the mods would care to take a shot and try it?

To be honest, this is true. I counted up the total amount of money in bids yesterday(doing great, so far!), and I actually did get confused on a few on which was the real bid or where the last bid was.

We've tried the "A topic just for comments" reg. the "Lets see you!" picture thread and it didn't work. Feel free though! Make it in this forum and I'll even make it a sticky for you!

Back