What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NASC Auction Discussion/Request Thread

Same here that's why i was asking....it's been a few days now. I guess i'll ship anyway as soon as i get some supplies in.

Same here that's why i was asking....it's been a few days now. I guess i'll ship anyway as soon as i get some supplies in.

FYI, I just got word from schoalty of your payment being received a few moments ago.

That's good to know...he sent me an email about that too.
I was more interested to find out about the people i have to send items to since some of them pm me monday about it....I honestly thought that the procedure changed since i got no word of the payment.

I figured either PayPal is slow and/or David and Ozzy are busy. They do have jobs and families and such.

I think PayPal take 48 hours to release funds except on credit cards.

If the person uses their bank account instead of a credit card it can take much longer then that.... Ive recently waited as long as a week (7 days) before I was able to access the funds.

I don't know what made it take so long in that case other then it was a non credit card transfer of some kind. Paypal did warn me not to ship till the funds were fully cleared.

Up to that point paypal informed me that he had initiated payment, but it was pending release from their bank
(FWIW, it was an European bank and a decent amount)

Av

Last edited:
If it address isn't confirmed or the account doesn't have a fund backup like a credit card it takes much longer. I won an auction on eBay once and it took about 7 days for the PayPal transaction to clear, which it never did before. I looked an my account and the backup credit card had expired so the account was "unconfirmed".

I guess PayPal will wait until the transaction actually clears from the bank rather just doing a sufficient funds query.

That is true. If yoy don't have money in the paypal account then it takes a few days until payment is cleared.

Paypal apparently makes more money by drawing funds from bank accounts vs credit cards - makes sense I guess as credit cards have merchant fees. Because of this, Paypal has hounded me every time I enter my account to make a transaction - to give them my bank account info. I have refused & will continue to refuse based on some friend's experiences with theft from bank accounts. eBay has also tried to get me to provide a bank account. As elgecko has recommended, if I'm ever actually required to provide one, I'll go open a tiny account w/ a small amount of money at another bank...

Interesting that Paypal's preferred method is inferior from a customer satisfaction point-of-view...

Don't think that larger profit margins has goned unnoticed by the banks. You will soon see a paypal like feature added to your online banking websites where you can send money to an email or cell phone from your online banking suite.

www.zashpay.com

Did I miss a post about the amount earned by the auction (prelim)?

Ive made a couple other purchases thru pay pal using the same payment method and they have cleared, doesn't the treasurer here have to go to his / her e-mail and receive the payments before they will clear.
the status of my payment in paypal is still showing Unclaimed ??
who does this transaction here, and are they waiting till all the winners are posted?
Is the winners posting already done?

Back