What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera x obovata 'Ivan's Paddle'/ naich $10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Drosera x obovata 'Ivan's Paddle'

P5070142.JPG

P5070141.JPG

Drosera x obovata is a natural hybrid of D. anglica and D. rotundifolia. D. 'Ivan's Paddle' is a man-made cross of these two species. The cross was treated with colchicine and is fertile. Ivan gave me this pot of 'Paddle' at the last LACPS meeting.

The winner will get at least two of the large plants and a few of the pups, my choice. I won't know for sure until I divide the pot after the close of the auction. I'll throw in a few seed capsules which I clipped early to keep the pot pure. Seed offspring are not 'Ivan's Paddle' and should not be labeled as such. True 'Ivan's Paddle' should be propagated vegetatively (cuttings or divisions). Ivan warns that the seed offspring will be feeble and "lame looking".

Grow year round under lights in long fiber sphagnum in standing water. No dormancy required. Feed often. Note: many growers (including myself) have observed that under some conditions these plants will lose the signature paddle shape and grow rounder leaves. The exact conditions are unknown but higher temperatures are a likely suspect.

For more information on the cultivar D. 'Ivan's Paddle' see:
http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/Species/v37n1p22_26.html#paddle

For information on cochicine treatment of sterile hybrids see:
http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/samples/Cult291Colch.htm

US only. Winner pays flat rate priority shipping ($4.95). Shipping can be combined with other items. PayPal accepted.

Will be shipped bare root.

Bidding starts at $2.00

Last edited:
$8 please

Contacted by winner. Awaiting confirmation of payment, shipping information and payment of shipping.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

Payment confirmed, contacted by winner, waiting for payment of shipping costs.

payments shipped today. awaiting confermation on shipping payments.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

Shipping money received, will be shipped Priority 5/22/10 am. Will update as soon as shipped.

Shipped Priority Flat Rate on 5/22/10. Winner notified with tracking no.

Last edited:
shipment arrived. with something extra too, thank you everyone!

Auction Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back