What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion and Requests here - Bids Only in the Auction Threads, please!

Can't wait three more days!

I'd like to see some more Nepenthes basals up; IIRC, there weren't many Nepenthes up last year.

I'd like to see some bamboo. We were going to buy a cold hardy spreader anyway, so if I could get it here that'd be great! Anyone got an infestation they'd be willing to take a rhizome from?

Happy growing!

I'd like to see some bamboo. We were going to buy a cold hardy spreader anyway, so if I could get it here that'd be great! Anyone got an infestation they'd be willing to take a rhizome from?

Sorry but I strongly :censor:discourage anybody from contributing to the advance of invasive hard to eridicate species.

Sorry but I strongly :censor:discourage anybody from contributing to the advance of invasive hard to eridicate species.

We were going to plant it in a patch surrounded on all sides by concrete, in a suburban area, in Michigan, in part shade, along with regular trimming. If in even those circumstances bamboo is hell incarnate, I won't get it. Trust me, we don't want bamboo taking over the neighborhood either, just something nice that can quickly fill a two by eight foot empty patch.

Such as these? :scratch:

D. x hybrida (filiformis*intermedia), Burlington County, NJ
D. x beleziana (intermedia*rotundifolia), Ocean County, NJ

Exactly! You don't see too many temperate drosera hybrids available. At least that I can recall.

@DroseraBug: We can donate artwork? I might totally do that if so!
You can donate anything that will generate revenue within reason. Check out the auction stickies for full details as to what can and cannot be listed.

Here is what I am donating so far (donating is almost as fun as winning an auction).

Definite:
H. Tequila
N. kampotiana x ventricosa (female) cutting (hopefully rooted)

Possibly - need to check what I have extras of.
S. 'Schnell's Ghost' small division
sarracenia, have to check what I can divide.
B52 flytrap
Pink Venus flytrap

Has anyone clarified if CITES plants can be donated? I have a whole pot full of S. rubra ssp alabamensis. I could spare at least one. Most are throwing up flower buds.

Last edited:
I would love to see some sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana and some sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii f. luteola. :hail:

A clumping bamboo like fargesia isnt so bad.
And if you rlly wanna be safe get fargesia nitida, those wont flower again until 2120.

Such as these? :scratch:

D. x hybrida (filiformis*intermedia), Burlington County, NJ
D. x beleziana (intermedia*rotundifolia), Ocean County, NJ
Exactly! You don't see too many temperate drosera hybrids available. At least that I can recall.
I just checked my outside plants and I have spares of each - I'll get some in the auction.

LOL. I am the first this year yet again to be reprimanded for breaking the rules.

Note to self, start all biddings at >=$2.00.

BREAKIN THE LAW,
BREAKIN THE LAW!

1st day of auction - almost midnight and 83 people on the forum and 26 checking out the auction threads - very cool!

I hope to get a chance to list more items on Easter - quite a few more before I'm done ... :-O

Very cool indeed!

So many great plants up for auction this year. It's gonna be tough deciding on which ones to pursue the win for.

what a wonderful thang Y'all are doing here.
I hope to acquire a few "ungotten by me" Utric's.
Some very nice offerings on the board!
I can see now I need to save more $ for next year.:-O
Good job by all who have donated to this worthy cause.

@DroseraBug: We can donate artwork? I might totally do that if so!

If you donated CP artwork, it would be the one thing I'd bid on because I'm in sore need of some paintings right now :p

I wont mention the member's name but I have an original watercolor of a clump of helis and all i can say is wow......
The talents of some of our membership is very impressive

I may have some technical abilities but personally I have a hard time drawing stick figures.

+1 on Zu's comments

Ant plant please :)

I would also bid on CP artwork i just built a new huose and my basement needs something on the walls. :)

Out of curiosity, what's the history behind the auctions being open for so long? Two weeks is kind of a long time to be obsessively watching auctions :p

Just had a thought here. I seem to give alot of seed away every fall. Why not have a NASC seed auction in the fall in order to further raise money? Again just a thought.

Back