What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"magic-peat" and starter *stuff* (fish eggs + kit) elgecko $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I would like to offer a bag of my "magic-peat", some water sprite, pond and or rampshine snails, and java moss. If you followed my topic: My annual killie attempt (Nothobranchius palmqvisti) then you are aware of what I'm offering here.

If not, I am offering a bag of peat of which annual killies have laid eggs in, add water and you get fish! Specifically Nothobranchius palmqvisti which look like this (male in focus, female out of focus)

IMG_2397.JPG

Please note, these fish take work!!! They don't need a big tank only 2.5-3 gal. and you don't even need filtration.

You WILL need:
-To pre set up a tank with water, and what I send you (water sprite, snails, and java moss) pick up some red cherry shrimp if you'd like... they help with clean up!
-a light for the tank to keep the plants living (nothing too special)
-brine shrimp eggs (non-iodized salt for hatching them, a baster for sucking them up, a net for rinsing them off) this is food for when they are small
- frozen blood worms as your fish grow up when they get big enough to eat them
- (Hopefully) rinsed/presoaked peat moss later on for your fish to lay eggs in if you get that far ;)
-TIME! It isn't cake to raise these fish, they do take work... You need to keep hatching brine shrimp to keep up with these hungry fish, be able to do tank maintanence (water changes basically) etc. Please check out my topic above I think it gives a decent time line of what to expect. If you make a post and keep us updated, I'm sure Duane will help me keep you on the track to success!

If you are willing to take on this project:

Shipping should be under $10 I will cover it if bidding goes over an amount in my head to the USA only.
Bidding starts at $2
You will get:
1) a bag of peat (hopefully) containing hatch-able Nothobranchius palmqvisti eggs (remember this was my first time, but I would only offer this if I was confident. I know for fact there were eggs in there (I saw them when I collected each bag of peat) and I'm pretty sure they have been kept at the right moistness and temperature. I will send you a bag that will be ready to hatch after giving your new tank about a month to "set up"
2) some water sprite (plants floating on surface in my topic linked above) these are great at sucking the bad stuff out of the water.
3) some java moss (moss tangle in tank) this is great at adding oxygen to the tank
4) some snails to help keep the tank tidy

I may have missed some information here so please do your homework before bidding, and be ready to take on this job. I find it definitely worth the work, and am already on another species... and it's about time for me to hatch out my own of this species!!

Ready to bid yet? Then GO!

update!

I pulled my first bag of peat this evening (collected 1/2/11) and searched through it. While you will not get this first bag of peat (since it will be due for hatching before someone in the auction is ready for it) it should be a representative of other collected bags... anyway, the eggs I pulled out were "eyes up" indicating the fish inside were developing fine and there shouldn't be a problem hatching. :-O

Andrew

$15.00

Auction needs to be completed. Please either send payment or ship item. If the item has already been shipped or received please post status of the auction.

Auction needs to be completed. Please either send payment or ship item. If the item has already been shipped or received please post status of the auction.

Money sent

Auction has been paid for. Free to ship as soon as shipping is taken care of.

oh yah, this is done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back