Here is an opportunity for someone to jump-start their collection with several of the large Orchid-flowering utrics. Up for auction are starter chunks of the following:
- U. reniformis "Small form" - I've grown this form for approximately a year and initial observations indicate that it may be the same as U. reniformis f. courte - but I haven't grown them side-by-side for all that long and neither has flowered for me. The plant seems to top out with leaves ~4-5" tall and a bit larger than 1" wide. It's a very nice sized plant and an extremely robust grower. The plant from which the winner will receive a healthy chunk:
(fyi - the chunk the winner receives will likely contain a sub-population of U. subulata - the special cleistogamous flowering type. if you like the additional plant - fine. If not, this species of reniformis propagates easily via leaf propagation).
- U. alpina x endresii (or endresii x alpina - exactly which parent is which - is not clear). This is an extremely robust plant that may be even more 'beginner-friendly' than U. alpina. Flower shot in this thread. Chunk will come from this plant:
- U. humboldtii, broad leafs, Cerro Neblina (originates from BCP). Here's the plant:
- U. nephrophylla - approx 1.5 years ago, I received 3 different clones of U. nephrophylla. Two of them barely added any leaves and did not flower for me in 6 months. The third plant grew like a weed and sent up flower stalks a few weeks after arrival. I've given the other two clones away and now only keep this one - great clone! Here's a flower pic (no pic of the actual plant - sorry):
- U. endresii - originating from BCP (sorry - no pic)
- U. nelumbifolia - originating from BCP (sorry - no current pic). Flower from last year:
- Bidding starts @ $2.
- Buyer pays shipping - which is estimated to be <$10. If you win more than one of my auctions, I will combine shipping to reduce costs.
- USA only.
- For questions or suggestions, I can be reached @