What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Drosera trinervia seed

Drosera trinervia is one of the easier to cultivate of the winter growing South African Drosera. It has the distinction of being the most numerous and wide spread of the South African species despite the experience of D. capensis in cultivation.

When the plants go dormant in the summer I let the media dry out completely for at least six weeks. The pots are moved into the shade to prevent overheating of the roots. When the plants resume growth in the late fall I'll add only enough water to the tray that will be completely absorbed by the media every few days. When full growth is resumed I will slowly increase the water levels. I often keep the water level within 0.5 inch of the surface.

This is the white flowered form. Field reports of the pink flower form suggest the pink flowered plants might not go dormant in the summer (flooded conditions during summer). Plants were labeled "D. trinervia PV860 (PV560?) Stromsvleikoof (Stormsvlei Kloof?) 150 km Cape Town, RSA".

This is not an easy species to germinate, however the seed I resowed into the pot last year germinated (sown in the spring, germinated early winter). Warm, dry stratification may help. Crystal and Mach report germination without anything special being done (sow and grow). So who knows? It probably depends on your conditions.

I will clip the final seed capsule as pictured and add seed harvested earlier this season. At least 30 seeds.

_IGP0537a.jpg

_IGP0541a.jpg

Free First Class postage (some padding) or winner pays $2.00 for postage in a bubble envelope. US Addresses only.

Bidding starts at $2.00

$9

NASC payment confirmed. Winner contacted for shipping info. Item mailed.

Item gottened! Thanks NaN!

*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back