What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion and Requests here - Bids Only in the Auction Threads, please!

What happens if no one bids on an item, i just keep it?

What happens if no one bids on an item, i just keep it?

Yep! Unfortunately there aren't many Canadian bidders and if phytosanitary certificates weren't a problem, I'm sure there'd be lots of bidding activity on your items :) You could always save them for next year or help us spread the word to Canadian CP growers next year that there will be some items available in the auction.

A little birdy may or may not have told me that an auction listing for 10 random cps is likely to contain some VERY RARE and HIGHLY DESIRABLE plants!! Don't forget, the auction ends tomorrow! Don't forget to bid ;)

A little birdy may or may not have told me that an auction listing for 10 random cps is likely to contain some VERY RARE and HIGHLY DESIRABLE plants!!
Yes - I had a Yellow-breasted 'Chat' whisper it in my ear. I'm not sure why she's keeping some of the plant species quiet since the $$$ to Nasc would probably go up by a lot if people knew what was in there ... :0o:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Very interesting to see how people are now positioning themselves and trying to prioritize which auctions they really want. Hopefully people will remember past auctions and get their bids in early - one never knows how well the forum software (& server on which it resides) will respond to the onslaught of traffic. It's a horrible feeling to see the forum clock tick to 10:01 pm and find that you are not the winning bidder .... :-O

Yes - I had a Yellow-breasted 'Chat' whisper it in my ear. I'm not sure why she's keeping some of the plant species quiet since the $$$ to Nasc would probably go up by a lot if people knew what was in there ... :0o:

I'm not sure either but I will certainly respect the choice. I think A LOT of people will be kicking themselves in the butt when those plants are revealed by the winner! Don't wait until it's too late, you'll wish you hadn't ;)

I already had first grabs with a few others and I must say they are very nice plants! Certainly very stripped too!

Remember folks, there is a 20-30 second anti-spam/flooding delay between posts. If you are planning on trying to bid on several items at the last second you have to wait 20-30 seconds between each post you make. Time your bids according. And hope the server etc. hold up to the bandwidth crunch. This isn't eBay or some other dedicated auction site. What works over there most likely won't work here as there is no "proxy" bidding function.

Great reminder NaN! It is indeed 30 seconds...

You may prevent your users from flooding your forum with posts by activating this feature.

By enabling floodcheck, you disallow users from making another post within a given time span of their last posting. In other words, if you set a floodcheck time span of 30 seconds, a user may not post again within 30 seconds of making his last post.

Recommended: 30 seconds

The dilithium crystals are overloading I'm gonna need to jettison the warp core

Mach- the core PW is sp$dBq5O0.1iI
Good luck in your Journey.

*Starts crawling through the geffries tubes towards the reactor core*

I will be curious to see which item brings the most, and which donor raises the most total!

Good luck with your bidding!

Tick ... tock ....

:-D:-D :crazy: :-D:-D

Hint:

To make it easier to track your items subscribe to the thread for an item. After which you can use the Quick Links (all the waaaay at top) to see your subscribed threads and jump to them quickly.

Back