Up for auction is a pot of D. meristocaulis - the South American pygmy sundew. I received these t/c plants in a trade last fall but quickly realized that I did not have the time to properly care for them and my subsequent neglect allowed the LFS to both dry out & later to completely grow over the pot. I assumed the plants were toast. However, as I was trying to reclaim some space a few months ago, I checked under the LFS in the pot before tossing in the trash & found living plants - buried. I chopped away the sphagnum and have attempted to keep it trimmed since. I have no idea how many plants are now in the pot. There are two that are somewhat larger (top 2 pics) and as I look more closely, I can find significantly more (2 examples in bottom 2 pics).
Here's a pic of the pot they came in (and, in which they currently reside)
... and pics of a few individual plants
- This plant is rarely available in the USA but I suggest interested bidders do their homework and understand the plant's requirements. This thread is probably a good place to start...
- Yes - the entire pot is up for auction
- Bidding starts @ $2.
- Buyer pays shipping - which is estimated to be <$10. If you win more than one of my auctions, I will combine shipping to reduce costs.
- USA only.
- For questions or suggestions, I can be reached @
- - - - -
- As May's weather can turn hot quickly, for the safety of the plant (& my personal sanity), please plan to pay quickly at the end of the auction.