Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NASC Auction Rules??

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3b430mom View Post
    Mistakes I can understand. Blatant lies, I cannot.

The fact that half the NASC has flocked to this thread to publicly bash me speaks volumes about their character. They even pulled this thread from the General Discussions area of TF, moved it to the NASC Auction area and made it a sticky thread to ensure they would have an audience.
    I moved this thread to the NASC section. The issue at hand is a NASC issue, not TerraForums. I did it wearing my Terraforums hat, not a NASC hat. TerraForums has little to do with NASC policies and rules other than in a technical and administrative role. That was why I felt it the auction section was more appropriate. I also considered merging it with the rules thread. This was an administrative decision.

Terraforums and NASC work together on the Auction to try to fit it in as much as possible to Terraforum's rules and policies and what is or isn't possible or do-able with in the limits of the board software and hardware.

While there is some overlap of administrative personnel such as Terraforum moderators also being NASC board members it is only because Terraforums was in part the birth place of NASC. Terraforums brought together people with a common bond of their love for these plants and wanting to do more than just collecting them or stand by and watch the plants disappear in the natural environment.
    Last edited by Not a Number; 04-21-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: double post
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has been no threats made by any member of NASC and as far as I know none from TF either. There were however clear statements of what the penalty is if you choose not to honor your part of the contract that you agreed to. I have all the messages concerning this issue saved, and if you wish they can be made public for all the members here to see who threatened who.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Thank you SubRosa and Chibae for making donations to NASC in response to this incident, more than making up for the lost revenue. Your support is very much appreciated

WealthyBigPen

Auction closing time

From someone that deals with auctions on a weekly basis I think I can weigh in here. .. the most important thing is an auction closing time... and if there's been this much confusion on the actual closing time either now or in the past the idiots that are running the auction should get their head out their *** and make the closing time very simple so there's absolutely no confusion... if it says it closes at 10 p.m. then that's when it closes.. doesn't close at 10 and 5 seconds after or 20 seconds after as soon as the time Hits 10 it is done... and if you're asking people to donate for your cause you don't belittle them or run their name through the mud or threatened because that is just absolutely childish and the only thing that they should be running is an auction at a lemonade stand... 3b430mom who ever you are and any actions that followed the lack of organization through the Auctioneers I think you are completely Justified and anyone that sticks up for the auction and the confusing rule should line up to work at the lemonade stand...

That's just my opinion... I could be wrong"" but I am not """

- - - Updated - - -

From someone that deals with auctions on a weekly basis I think I can weigh in here. .. the most important thing is an auction closing time... and if there's been this much confusion on the actual closing time either now or in the past the idiots that are running the auction should get their head out their *** and make the closing time very simple so there's absolutely no confusion... if it says it closes at 10 p.m. then that's when it closes.. doesn't close at 10 and 5 seconds after or 20 seconds after as soon as the time Hits 10 it is done... and if you're asking people to donate for your cause you don't belittle them or run their name through the mud or threatened because that is just absolutely childish and the only thing that they should be running is an auction at a lemonade stand... 3b430mom who ever you are and any actions that followed the lack of organization through the Auctioneers I think you are completely Justified and anyone that sticks up for the auction and the confusing rule should line up to work at the lemonade stand...

That's just my opinion... I could be wrong"" but I am not """

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3b430mom,
    The screen shot you provided from this post: General Discussion & Requests only shows when she posted that post. Not what the current state of the "winner" was for that auction. As far as editing the winner of that post, when I saw mention of the wrong person being announced the winner in the chat that night *I* am the one that went in and changed it. I didn't realize the person at the time was saying all the 10:00 times were wrong, I just edited the one at 10:01 that I saw and moved on. Here is a screen shot of my moderator log showing I made that change at 20:03 my time, which is 10:03pm eastern. So no, it was not 35mins or an hour later, it was 3 mins.

Andrew

PS, I'm working on a PM for you.. you should have it soon regarding the other stuff.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To WealthyBigPen
    So let's see. You come in as a guest, could be someone hiding their identify, maybe not but ," That's just my opinion... I could be wrong"" but I am not """
    You rant about someone being belittled, your word, but then call us idiots and use profanity. Perhaps the lemonade stand would be better served if you use your supposed expertise, we can only take your word for it after all, and auctioned it off.
    I might have considered your point, I know you had one, I could see it buried in a rant that you had to post twice, if you had brought it up in a more civil manner. But as things stand WBP I consider your post to be nothing more than a spitball from someone hiding behind a desk in grammer school.
    Last edited by chibae; 04-21-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chibae...will you marry me? Oh wait need to ask the wife.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sara/guest......Clarity has been made over and over you but you refuse to comprehend. I'm not going over it with you again. You're failure to understand the same rule that has been in effect for a decade, and has been understood by thousands of people who have participated in our auctions over that time, is your shortcomings not ours.

I think you have proven here with your rants, false accusations and insults where the true problem lies with this issue. I refuse to be dragged down to your level. I have issued NASCs statement on this. I have tried to help you see why we did what we did. I have never been rude to you, and it will continue that way. This is the last comment I will make to you or about you on this issue. You are banned for life from all NASC events. Please move on and enjoy your life, as we will move on and continue the work we do to save cp's and cp sites.

You are right about one thing though, the rule will be rewritten for next year. Thank you for showing us what our tiny little oversite in not defining when a minute starts and stops can lead to.
    Last edited by Ozzy; 04-21-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast