What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flytrap bought from Walmart

Ok! Hello again! Lets say that I buy a venus flytrap (next year in the spring) from walmart or lowes or home depot and the plant seems to be happy in its plastic container. Would it be beneficial to transplant it right away, or should I let it grow for the spring and summer and then replant it in a bigger pot (6 inches or so) the next year after dormancy happens
Thanks a bunch!
-DJC

they dont need to...but it would be a good idea. one company sells them in only LFS and no peat at all. this LFS is tightly packed and should be removed.
Alex

LFS- long fibered Sphagnum moss. its basically dead dried Sphagnum moss.its also called orchid moss.

Orchid moss
Alex

I would repot it, even if it is looking happy, especially if it is in the Lowes "cube of death". The plant really needs good drainage and the cube doesn't provide any. I would coax the plant and media out and put into a dtained pot, as one unit, so the roots won't be disturbed.

Back