What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT's turning brown after I repot

I got some new VFT's and I repotted them with the others in a bigger pot. But everything time I do this they start to turn black just out of the blue. It sucks because I got them and they had huge traps but they all die back. What could the reason be and will they get better as time goes by?

Obviously I can't see what is happening or know for sure what the plant is going through, but my best guess is that you bought plants that were neglected / weakened to some degree / in shock, and added more stress by repotting them. Not that repotting was a bad thing, but stress upon stress can push a plant over the edge. The last thing I would do as change its conditions further. Just keep watering and allow the plant to overcome shock. That could take a week or several weeks, depending. If you see new growth, it'll be fine. Remove anything (with scissors) is black / dead.

Back