What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange

glider14

Always a newbie
ok i got a BIG VFT from walmart back in march i think. it had a flower stalk on it and the traps were at least 1in. anyways i have the same VFT outside now and its been out there since may. i just remembered today that when i bought this thing it had a flower stalk!! now...the traps are tiny less than half an inch. i thought this was a baby that came off one of my other VFTs but the brown shrivled cut off nub of a stalk is still there. it has tons of leaves! about 30 traps i counted. and man does it make divisions quickly! this is a tiny vft and it has like 7 or 8 different growth points. its very wiered. its healty though and cathing lots of bugs and is pretty red. any thoughts on this?

PS. i have another walmart save and its in all the same conditions as my others...but it doesnt have any color at all! all my other VFTs are red but this one is lime green-yellow color. it gets full sun. i know its very very unlikely but could this be the 'Yellow' form?
Alex

Well Alex when your yellow traps gets big enough to devide would you like to trade? Just because its from wally world doesn't mean the TC couldn;t have mutated to get yellows. It seems like thats where alot of the mutations come from.

will do.

i saw a whole tray of yellows at wall mart
biggrin.gif

Back