What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question about ozonated distilled water

Hey everyone, I have another newbie question to ask.

First off, I went to the local pharmacy and picked up a jug of distilled water which also hapens to be ozonated. Now my questions are:

1) Is this safe for the vft? (Am thinking that its safe but I want to doublecheck)

2) Should I use ozonated water to treat mold and bacteria? (My plants is fine, am just curious) I've read that often ppl use fungicide or other mixtures/solutions to treat mold and bacteria.

wow i have no idea. i know they use ozone in the reef hobby in calcium reactors.

i guess you could let it sit out overnight. if its safe to drink i'd say it's probably ok for your plants. it's just dissolved gas.

same here...i have ozonated water

I have used aquafina whcih is RO and also ozonized. I don't think it matters for CP's as the salt contents are minimal to none anyways. My VFT's are all fine now...eventhough for now I have some rain water which I collected.

Ozonated water has been treated with ozone gas (a form of oxygen that is very reactive) to kill any organisms that may have been left by their filtering process. Similar to treating it with UV light. It should be fine for your plants.

Glad to hear that
biggrin.gif

Back