What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks can be deceiving

Here is a pic of one of my VFT starting to wake up from dormancy. See if you can guess what kind it is. The picture is close to real life, but is a little to light on the red colors.
P1050655.jpg

it seems to look like a typical VFT under very good light conditions. :) However whatever cultivar it is...it looks magnificent. :)

Close, but not close enough. Any other guesses?

Hmm...is it a Royal Red? :)

Haven't any of you read the "stickies" in the VFT forum that discusses what causes the VFT's to get red? Some do in full sun, but others do it differently. Read it. You might be suprised.

The answer is... D. typical x red dragon, and is grown from seed that Elgecko sent me last year. This seedling is only 6 months old and is already 2 inches in diameter with .5 inch long traps!

you mean green dragon as i believe that is wha they call the cross breed.

No Ant, a 'Green Dragon' is another cultivar, not a typical x 'Red Dragon'. It came from a mutation of 'Red Dragon' I believe.

ooh.

Back