What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

green dragon

does anyone know where i can get bareroot greens? i know petflytrap.com had them in the past but now, i can't seem to find bareroot ones.

oh and are green dragons the same as the vigorous vfts?

Please review the rules in the General Chat section.

3. No sales or advertisements; trades/give-aways only are allowed. Some sales ads MAY be allowed under special circumstances; please contact site administrator, Adnedarn (Andrew), to ask permission to post personal/commercial site links or ads. There is no restriction on trades or sales conducted privately via Private Messages (PMs). We do not monitor PMs. Advertising would include talking about or giving URLS to other CP sellers.

This is just a portion so please be sure to refer to the pinned rules topic to make sure you're familiar with the rules.

Asking for this information is either a) breaking the rules, or b) requesting another member to break the rules.

However, I'm going to leave this topic open so the last question can be answered.

Anyone posting a link in this thread after I've posted this will receive a due kick in the rear. :)

green dragon is different. Green dragon is a red dragon but which has a GREEN outline near the trap teeth.

I thought green dragons where all green.

'Justina Davis' are all green. 'Green Dragon' probably came about from variations that occured during Tissue Culture cloning of 'Akai Ryu' (Red Dragon). Descriptions of 'Akai Ryu' and 'Green Dragon' can be found on the ICPS Cultivar Registration pages, Barry Rice's FAQs, The Carnivorous Plant Database and BobZ Carnivorous Plant Photo Database. Google "Cultivar Registrations CPN", "Barry Rice's FAQS", "Carnivorous Plant Database" and "Carnivorous Plant Photo Database" respectively.

The CPN description of 'Akai Ryu' notes "this clone was also far superior to any of the parents in terms of growth rate and vigor". If 'Green Dragon' was originally cloned from 'Akai Ryu' then perhaps it also shares these characteristics.

I thought green drangon had some red leaf coloration but, never to the extent of Akai Ryu.

FWIW, here is my Green Dragon (foreground)

minibog1.jpg

It is in an outside mini bog were it receives a lot of full sun, it has never turned full red... pretty much stays as pictured... very robust grower and tough as nails

It is also my understanding that they were a result of a Red Dragon TC mutation

Ive had mine about 4 yrs I guess, all spent outside (except during middle of winter, I then bring the entire mini bog into an unheated basement)

Av

Yes, please do not list where to buy them from. Sorry. And no, I do not have them available in my store that will soon be linked to this site. the picture above looks correct. red mouth, and the red down the petiole with the green stripe in the middle.
Andrew

Wow. Beautiful Dyflam. :) Great photo.

The Green Dragon is on the top of my list of cultivars to get for next year, followed by a B-52.
Too bad Andrew won’t be having them available; I have found that they are a bit hard to find online. Beautiful cultivar, though. :love:

Back