What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

advice for brocchinia reducta please

I've read a few things about it online, but i'd like to hear what others have found out about it here. Thanks.

I just gave mine away, but it grew well from seed although it never attained what I regard as a typical form....not enough light in my neck of the woods to get the tight tubes. Still, it is a nice Bromelliad for all of that. Typical Brom culture worked for me but with a bit more emphasis on nutrient free mix. Mine was mostly grown under lights in 50% humidity (minimum) and it was doing well outside before I sent it to a better home. Now I am looking for another smaller plant that will fit into a terrarium for the winter...forced air heat doesn't make them happy so for the winter months its inside a tank. They get pretty big over time and mine outgrew its home. Good luck with yours and keep me in mind for a pup or seedling if and when>

Mine usde to grow inside a Terrarium. It got too tall and was starting to flower so i moved it outside. I was really scared that it was going to die because i thought it needed the same requirements as Heliamphora but nope. It did loads better outside even though i live in a hot dry desert climate. I don't know if it produced seeds because i did'nt bother to pollinate it but it sure did produce a heck lot of offshoots. Theyre 2-3 inches tall, anyone wanna trade?
A really easy plant worth growing.:)

Back