User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: advice for brocchinia reducta please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read a few things about it online, but i'd like to hear what others have found out about it here. Thanks.
    http://homepage.mac.com/mindmaze128/...lood forum.jpg
    Joel Martínez
    San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just gave mine away, but it grew well from seed although it never attained what I regard as a typical form....not enough light in my neck of the woods to get the tight tubes. Still, it is a nice Bromelliad for all of that. Typical Brom culture worked for me but with a bit more emphasis on nutrient free mix. Mine was mostly grown under lights in 50% humidity (minimum) and it was doing well outside before I sent it to a better home. Now I am looking for another smaller plant that will fit into a terrarium for the winter...forced air heat doesn't make them happy so for the winter months its inside a tank. They get pretty big over time and mine outgrew its home. Good luck with yours and keep me in mind for a pup or seedling if and when>
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine usde to grow inside a Terrarium. It got too tall and was starting to flower so i moved it outside. I was really scared that it was going to die because i thought it needed the same requirements as Heliamphora but nope. It did loads better outside even though i live in a hot dry desert climate. I don't know if it produced seeds because i did'nt bother to pollinate it but it sure did produce a heck lot of offshoots. Theyre 2-3 inches tall, anyone wanna trade?
    A really easy plant worth growing.