What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bromeliads?

what are some bromeliads that you might reccommend to a Brom begginger like me?
thanks!

Anything from homedepot or lowes.

Lol, well it's true :)

I like the big ones with the dark and powdery/waxy leaves that have the big flowers that look like lilly flowers, but everytime when I have the money for one it's not there and everytime when I don't have the money they're fresh in stock! :censor:

Aechmea fasciata? Go for it. Ebay will have one, I'm sure.

Yeah that one!
I always loved those.

I remember two years ago at Home Depot I saw a huge BRom with a bunch of water in it's urn. And me being stupid (not knowing anything at all about broms) stuck my finger in it thinking that it was nectar. Thank goodness before I put it in my mouth I smelled it, because it smelled like cat feces and old wet rust. :puke:

Thank goodness before I put it in my mouth I smelled it, because it smelled like cat feces and old wet rust. :puke:

lol. If you get one of those that you described, just know that it will die after it's done flowering. It slowly dies and you should continue to water it like normal. It will produce some small pups that you will eventually be able to divide (when the pups are about 1/4 to 1/3 the size of the mother).

xvart.

lol. If you get one of those that you described, just know that it will die after it's done flowering. It slowly dies and you should continue to water it like normal. It will produce some small pups that you will eventually be able to divide (when the pups are about 1/4 to 1/3 the size of the mother).

xvart.

my mother started out with one..................................due to pups she now has about a dozen

I recommend starting with any kind you can get from a clearance rack for 1/4 or (preferably) less of the original price. That way you can save a lot of money.

Hi FarmerDave,
There are several really nice broms that are succulent and mix well with cactus collections. Dyckias and hechtias are both good as are deuterocohnias. Also don't forget the tillandsias - they can be put outside for the summer.

Best regards
Chris
DSCF0762.jpg

What do you want? I have piles of broms if you are still interested

Back