User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first attempt at a Pineapple!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first attempt at a Pineapple!!!

I finally went and got a pineapple today!!! I have always wanted to grow one, but I just found out that you could propagate one from the top of it!

Now I've read that you should dry it for a week or so from some sources, and that you can plant it right away from other sources. So I decided to try it right away without drying it this time around.

Here are some pics of it;

I look forward to watching this thing grow

Thanks for looking!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried this too, I planted mine like 4 years ago but nothing has happened yet. Like literally only 4 leaves have grown....

OH WELL! Maybe you'll have more luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tje25 View Post
    I finally went and got a pineapple today!!! I have always wanted to grow one, but I just found out that you could propagate one from the top of it!

Now I've read that you should dry it for a week or so from some sources, and that you can plant it right away from other sources. So I decided to try it right away without drying it this time around.

Here are some pics of it;

I look forward to watching this thing grow

Thanks for looking!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a pineapple and instead of planting it, i put the top in water :P
    I can see that roots are starting to form and will have a plant soon! Did you know that you can get pineapple seeds too? Each diamond looking part of the outside is the remnants of a flower and if you dig in a little you can find seeds
    I was here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried this a while ago but mold took mine
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ---- Albert Einstein
    Food is a important part of a balanced diet.
    My small grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Everyone! @Zacham3- I did know that, but I believe they only produce seeds if they get pollinated. From what I have read I think the fruit is much better if its not pollinated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fruit I had was pollinated and it was the sweetest pineapple I've ever had
    Just thought I would throw it out there lol
    I was here...

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have about ten pineapple tops currently rooting right now, and all but the three newest ones have taken root. I do it in water because when I did it in soil, all they did was turn brown and the bottom where roots would have grown got really moldy.

Make sure you keep them in bright light in a warm place. I mean like outside sunlight, not window light. Mine did nothing for more than a month when sitting in the brightest window of my house. When I moved them outside, it will still winter and two of the four died. When it warmed up and the greenhouse was getting in the 90s during the day with super bright light, they started to root. Now every single one I stick out there takes root quickly. Just make sure its warm and very brightly lit.

I started my first one back in November in a vase of water. It has taken until now to make about 10, 3" roots. Don't expect it to root quickly. I haven't seen any growth in mine for a month... Not sure what's happening. It is growing some new leaves, so hopefully that will make everything grow quicker. I just have no clue when to transplant it into soil though lol.

heatherfeather knows the weather! lil hokie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any updates??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast