Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lecanopteris photo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its in with some orchids so it gets sprayed with 1/2 strength orchid fert every once in awhile. havent looked at it closly in awhile. cant wait to hear about you Wistuba Lecano's, ive heard mixed results. some really good and one grower has had terrible luck with them. im thinking it must have to do with how long they are stuck in transit
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps if the US receiver/distributor for WIstuba were to mist the plants or rewet the packing napkins as the orders were divided up and repaced for individual shipping they would fare better along to their final destinations. I guess in the case of the Lycanos hopefully the caudex is large enough to store some water for their incredible journey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey just got my first Lecanopteris today (ebay score):

It's L. mirabilis the plate forming species the basal plate is only 1" with 9-10" leaves. The basal plates can get to about 10" in diameter not sure how much bigger the leaves get. I see these weird spots on all pics of L. mirabilis basal plates online. Are they similar to fern stipe scales or are they sori (spore packets) or something else? They appear to be a dark center surrounded by a filmy outer circle, I haven't tried pulling one of them off, yet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12