Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Horse ate bromeliad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,
    My horse, and goats seem to think my bromeliads are like chocolate. I have a few native florida bromeliads that my horse nibbled on the flower. Will the plant survive? anyone know what i can do to help it along?

She also ate a another variety, but the native ones i am most worried about.

thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By flower, do you mean an inflorescence - the brightly colored crown? Once a Bromeliad has one of those, it usually grows one or more pups and then the mother plant stops growing itself and dies. If horsey ate the inflorescence, the plant should grow pups like normal. If it ate all the way to the base of the plant, however, the plant might be unable to duplicate itself.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes... ate the inflorescence, one she pulled from the pot and i didn't see any pups yet, I will check again. This one she just ate the inflorescence.

On the native one, it sits on a tree. and there were 3 flower parts she ate all three. and pulled a few leaves off. I can't remove anything since its a native and grows naturally, if i pull one off i am afraid the whole thing will fall. can i post a picture? maybe i have the type of it wrong.