Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pics of various fern mountings

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first is my mounting of Platycerium alcicorne and P. bifurcatum. Along with companions of Bolivian Jew, Strawberry Begonia, Lycopodium ?, Huperzia ?, Sellaginella uncinata,

The second is my rack of mountings; several different plants growing on these.

the third is my Micrsorium crocodylus.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. I especially love the staghorn ferns and picture 2. This exemplifies the difference between growing healthy plants any-old-way, and growing healthy plants in a manner that is also aesthetically pleasing.

I have mine growing in LFS in a hanging wooden orchid basket. Not typically done, but it's healthy and producing many fronds. In my case, this reduces the liklihood of underwatering which most ferns detest.

Once again, AWESOME.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the second pic! What plants are on those?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like crocodile ferns! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well to the right is the stump with above mentioned plants then next to that is a mounting of Spider plant and Rhipsalis then next to that is Philodendron 'Autumnale' and Lyriope 'Black ?' then the hanging one is:
    Tillandsia caput-medusae, T. fuschii var. gracilis, T. aeranthos X tenuifolia, T. jacunda, T.tricolor var. melanocrater, T. aeranthos, Neoreglia "Fireball", Phalenopsis 'hyacinth ?', Rhipsalis baccifera var. quellembambensis, Oncidium 'Scarlet ?' Bolivian Jew. Top left corner is a Silver Rabbits Foot Fern, and in the background is a Philodendron selloum with Colleus 'ducks foot', C. '?', Ploypodium grandiceps, Philodendron 'Black Cardinal', Begonia 'Snow White', B. '?'

BTW, the Crocodyle fern is in a 14" pot and is roughly 48" across.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"