Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess what i found...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend who is a botanist at one of the universities nearby. Today he left for Sydney, Australia to work on his PhD at Sydney U. He knows I'm a CPer and he knows a fair few other botanists. As a going away present he left me these on my doorstep while I was out today:

A new Flower

Anyway, I got these and some seed sacs freshly picked from Sarracenia purpurea SSP purpurea. The guy he got them from
    Has been windowsill growing them in that glass terrarium in the undrained container they're in now. Should I continue this technique? Will I be able to identify the species when it flowers?

Zac
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a nice guy... I don't know much about growing Pinguicula, but the plants look healthy as they are now, so you can grow them in the same conditions they were in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, I wish I had friends who just dropped CPs off at my door! I need to get better friends [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

As for those Pings, I'm not sure of the species. I'm also not the best with Pings, but I'm sure one of the neighborhood Ping masters will be able to tell you soon...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Who's yer buddy?" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] WOW!! Thats nice of your buddy to leave ya those, very healthy and nice looking plants.. Seems to me there doing great in the container there in..
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, Best Present EVER.

Zac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've come to find that life is full of surprises. Today I began taking a good look at the
    plants and too my surprise I found these. There are two of these grow points:

And here is a shot of the plant in the daylight

I'm not a drosera identification expert. D. rotundifolia or D intermedia is my guess.
    As to the Ping you tell me,

Zac

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an expert on Mexican pings, so I'll pass. The sundew looks like a D. intermedia that is very sleepy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast